Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P01 Omega notes....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I am usually very shy about non factory triggers. I shoot a lot of steel cased dogcrap and I notice that my buddies striker guns (Glock, Steyr, etc) often won’t ignite the primers in Tula or monarch. My beretta and now this cz will eat that stuff like candy including stuff that has already failed in the striker guns. I always figured that the hammer guns just hit the primer harder so I keep em at standard weight. I am too damn lazy to reload anymore.
    I'm like you when it comes to triggers but all my sticker guns eat crap steel case more without issue.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Yo ! counselor ... come up to my range one Saturday and shoot, let me shoot that CZ thang a little. I'll pay your range fee and buy you lunch .... at Subway.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I'll get up there some time.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    In my life time?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Absolutely, you know asians live forever. Is that racist? Probably. I apologize.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Absolutely, you know asians live forever. Is that racist? Probably. I apologize.
    I better save this before you delete it. No need to apologize, just give me that gun.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    SO CRAFTY!!!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    200 rounds of WWB today. I had my first malfunction. I had a FTF while using the Mec-Gar 16 round mag. I wasn't completely surprised because I had been feeling some hesitancy when loading from slide release. A sort of "Ker-chucnk" where you could feel the slide closing a bit slower on the round.which made me wonder if something was up. Took it out of rotation and fired all the rest through factory mags with zero issue and zero "Ker-chunk,"I guess it might be the wwb but I figure the odds are on the mag. I will mark it and keep an eye on it.

Other than that I had a great time doing my usual EL-prez and shoot on the move drills. I got to shoot my buddies VP9 (which used to be mine) side by side and after firing a few rounds though each it is really funny how little practical difference there is between guns once you get a good grip on them.

I also shot the screw out of the APLC. I may need to put some removable loc-tite on it. The light never came off because it fits very tight, but I was surprised to see it fall out.

I also learned that you cannot get the CT laser grips on this gun. The ambi levers interfere. I believe those grips are out of production so it probably doesn't matter anyway.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Shot my J-frame some today. You can see the 16 round mag that gave me trouble...Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    It's a jammamatic ... sell it to me.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    200 rounds of WWB today. I had my first malfunction. I had an FTF while using the Mec-Gar 16 round mag. I wasn't completely surprised because I had been feeling some hesitancy when loading from slide release. A sort of "Ker-chucnk" where you could feel the slide closing a bit slower on the round.which made me wonder if something was up. Took it out of rotation and fired all the rest through factory mags with zero issue and zero "Ker-chunk,"I guess it might be the wwb but I figure the odds are on the mag. I will mark it and keep an eye on it.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Shot my J-frame some today. You can see the 16 round mag that gave me trouble...Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Interesting Greg,I also have a PO-1 and mix and match mags with them and I use a full-size mag from time to time and kinda noticed the same thing. The mag worked but acted a little strange at times, I can "relate" to the Ker-chucnk sound,LOL You can use the full size mags but seems best to stick with the mags designed for the little guy. I shot it yesterday but stuck with orig. mags,I'll have to try the full size ones again sometime and get back at ya.
    I see yours is the De-Cocker model,I have the all steel model with safety and because I shoot my 07 so much I won't use the word "hate" but I dislike going to a safety version model,,just kinda funky for me ! I do different things,sometimes I lower the hammer and other times I use the safety and run it cocked and locked. I love the pistol but sometimes think about getting rid of it and going with the decocker model but then I'll loose the benifit of the extra weight from the all steel frame ! Dam life is hard,tough decisions need to be made,,LOL

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast