Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illinois Assault Weapons Ban 2019

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Omg Blago... I loved that guy. Is he still around?? He’s in prison right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, he is still in Federal prison. The Democrats want him kept on ice, so he can't go public with information that could send them to prison.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    While I obviously hope this dies, if an AWB is passed in IL, it could end up backfiring and having major repercussions against the anti-gunners, and here's why: One of the reasons why none of the state AWB laws have made it to the Supreme Court is that, generally speaking, they turn away challenges unless there is a disagreement between two or more circuit courts on the same issue. So far, all the current ban states (MA, CT, NY, NJ, MD, and CA) are in heavily left-wing circuits. IL is in the much more conservative 7th Circuit. If IL passed a ban and it got struck down, they would lead to a dispute which the SC would have to settle. And while I don't trust Roberts overall, he's consistently ruled in favor of gun rights. So that could settle the assault weapons controversy for a good long while.
    That would be fantastic. Why does SCOTUS decline to hear a case that's clearly unconstitutional?

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Yes, he is still in Federal prison. The Democrats want him kept on ice, so he can't go public with information that could send them to prison.
    I liked Blago. At least he was honest about being a crook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Illinois has been a horribly run state for years. Chicago hasn't had a republican mayor since 1931. The dems have been trying hard to kill it and now with Jelly Bean in office I fear they will succeed. And they all look around and wonder how things got like this. I've lived here most of my life but I'm looking real close at popping smoke and getting out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lived in illinois for 35 years, had a business there along with another family business thats in the process of being sold.
    2nd highest in the nation for property taxes along with 45k resident leaving annually.

Property taxes coupled with fewer people in the buyers pool are just killing home values, GET OUT NOW!
    Detroit part 2 if you will, musical chairs, don’t get caught with your pants down when the music stops.

You guys stuck behind enemy lines when Civil War 2 pops off just summon Josey Wales and never quit until the job is done.
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...219-story.html
    Last edited by trauma; 03-17-19 at 17:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dang, great news!

A Lake County, IL Circuit Court judge blocked the village of Deerfield from enforcing its ban on assault weapons, striking a legal blow to gun control efforts at the local level.

According to The Chicago Tribune, Judge Luis Berrones issued a permanent injunction against the Chicago suburb, writing that the plaintiff firearm owners have “a clearly ascertainable right to not be subjected to a preempted and unenforceable ordinance” that bans them from having these firearms, mandates monetary fines for possessing them and enables law enforcement to seize these firearms. (RELATED: Kamala Harris Calls For Gun Ban)

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/22/j...hicago-suburb/

Feedback Score
    Wilson vs cook (cook county AWB) is also perculating through the courts.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaKoncepts View Post
    Wilson vs cook (cook county AWB) is also perculating through the courts.
    I wasn't aware of Wilson v Cook County. Looks like it was filed back in 2011 and is just about ready to go to trial. Keep us updated..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12