Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt Sporter Hbar?'s

Feedback Score

Colt Sporter Hbar?'s

A good friend of mine has a Colt Sporter that he says is "pre-ban" and is wanting to sell it to me for $500! It is in like new condition, with very few rounds through it. Main questions I have are, is $500 a good price, is it pre-ban? I am meeting him this morning at the range, I will take pics and post them.

I have searched all over the web and get mixed info on what could or could not be on a Pre-ban Sporter, here are some of the things the rifle has that are questions for me....
    It does not have the bayo lug
    It has the Sear block
    It has a flash hider
    Screw for front takedown pin

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    If you're in a state where you need a pre--ban, it's a good deal. If not, you can find better.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is it a 6721?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Really need to find out which model it is. If it is one of the 20" Match, Target, or Competition models, $500 is a steal. Again, it all depends on the model number and/or serial number to determine if it is a pre-ban or not.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    It is a 20" Match Hbar.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What's the question?

If it's a low round count 20" Match HBAR, then I consider $500 to be a very attractive price.
    Last edited by grizzman; 02-02-19 at 13:01.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    What's the question?

If it's a low round count 20" Match HBAR, then I consider $500 to be a very attractive price.
    I agree! Just wanted to make sure there was nothing I should look for that makes it undesirable?

I did have a chance to fire about 50 rounds through it today, it is very accurate. We were shooting long range today, I had it at 600 yards on a 12" gong and hit it 4 times out of 10 tries after zeroing it. We then took it out to 1,000 yards (for fun) 12"x20" silhouette target, I hit target after 3rd shot! We then really stretched the legs on it and took 10 shots at 1,400 yards 12"x20" silhouette, missed all shots, but was within a few inches of hitting a few times! Not bad for iron sights!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The least desirable aspect is the takedown screw vs a pin, but as long as the upper is married to this lower, (as it should be) it's not an issue at all.

It seems like it'll get the job done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smpr Fi View Post
    It is a 20" Match Hbar.
    Nothing wrong with a Sporter match HBAR at all. Mine is from 1993 and is like brand new. When I bought it from a gentleman, he said it may have had about 100 rounds through it. It looks that no rounds have been run through it.

"A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Nothing wrong with a Sporter match HBAR at all. Mine is from 1993 and is like brand new. When I bought it from a gentleman, he said it may have had about 100 rounds through it. It looks that no rounds have been run through it.

The one I am looking at has a different lower, the lower on mine has no guard around the mag release.

NICE rifle by the way!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast