Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Real world pull weight of LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Real world pull weights that I just measured with my Timney trigger spring scale

Mil Spec trigger that came pre-installed in BCM lower from G&R Tactical after ~2500 rounds dry firing in a vice block

5.9 lbs
    6.3 lbs
    6.0 lbs
    6.0 lbs
    6.1 lbs

MBT-2S immediately after self install dry firing in vice block

4.1 lbs
    4.1 lbs
    4.0 lbs
    4.0 lbs
    4.1 lbs

= About a two pound drop in total trigger pull weight from a broken in mil spec trigger. Much more smooth and crisp in my head. According to the numbers, a little more consistent as well.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Pedigree of design and proven performance. They've been making triggers to a crazy high standard for a very long time. Every single one. For civilians like us and the military.

However, L may eventually get to that same proven level of trustworthy, precise performance if they keep up this level of work. They are doing all the right things, consistently.

That was my only knock on the L when they first came out, my same knock on every new trigger; that it's new. But L has been putting in the work. They are on the right track. There's just no shortcut to obtaining that reputation of dead nuts reliability along with true precision.

L has been producing these for coming on a decade now IIRC. I have recommended them for SD/HD for friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not a fan of L, but his triggers are better at any price point than the G triggers, and the mark-up (haha) isn't nearly as heinous.

Feedback Score
    My MBT 2S is not my favorite Larue trigger. I like the MBT 1S better. I'm not as practiced as some, but the reset on the MBT2S is not great and the first stage feels like nothing more than take up/slop to me. JMO.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCC83501 View Post
    My MBT 2S is not my favorite Larue trigger. I like the MBT 1S better. I'm not as practiced as some, but the reset on the MBT2S is not great and the first stage feels like nothing more than take up/slop to me. JMO.
    Use the heavy spring.

The MBT1s is terrible in my experience. I like my mil-spec triggers better. Less grit/creep/lighter. It's like a totally different company made the 1S than the 2S, which I find to be amazing.

Feedback Score
    I agree with using the heavy spring, especially on a .308.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm a big Geissele Trigger fan in my ARs, but am trying out a MBT-2S in my CM762 - installed with the light spring and it seems really nice for the money. Haven't been to the range with it yet but its a lot better then the OEM Colt trigger.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCC83501 View Post
    Have the 2S but not installed yet (need to build something). For others using the light spring, is that your experience also?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have (2) MBT2S both are great values for what they are. Yes there are better triggers out there but for under $90 its hard to beat them.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I use two MBT2S triggers. The 1st stage with the standard spring is a short, light pull until it hits an obvious "wall". Reset is ok with the standard spring.

The heavy spring noticeably increases the first stage pull weight and makes the reset more firm.

I bought a G2S first, the MBT2S a few years later, and then a second MBT2S.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 11-03-19 at 17:06.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234