Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Real world pull weight of LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I installed one on my DMR build, and my well calibrated index finger feels like it pulls around 4 lbs., maybe a bit under. Overall I find the performance of this trigger to be outstanding. The first stage is butter smooth, and the second stage breaks like glass. I paid less than what I paid for my RRA match trigger, and I feel it out performs it and is machined 300% better. I will definitely buy another.

Feedback Score
    I have a couple of Giessele triggers and as much as I like them I can’t justify purchasing another. My buddy just dropped an MBT into his rifle and that trigger is awesome. For $87 the MBT is a steal.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgballistics View Post
    I have a couple of Giessele triggers and as much as I like them I can’t justify purchasing another. My buddy just dropped an MBT into his rifle and that trigger is awesome. For $87 the MBT is a steal.
    I'll still employ Geissele for SD/HD, But my MBT-2S arrives in a few weeks and I've shot several. They're disproportionately damn good for the price. They were a solid value at $120. They're simply the only option at $87.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I'll still employ Geissele for SD/HD, But my MBT-2S arrives in a few weeks and I've shot several. They're disproportionately damn good for the price. They were a solid value at $120. They're simply the only option at $87.

Agreed. If the SSA-E is a 10, and the USGI a 2, then the MBT is an solid 8.5. And it may come closer with use. I dry fired my new MBT and broken in SSA-E side by side, and while the G has an understandable advantage, it's a 1/2 pound advantage, and the wide trigger helps with some of the heavier "feel". The MBT will no doubt wear in a little while only costing half as much.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Agreed. If the SSA-E is a 10, and the USGI a 2, then the MBT is an solid 8.5. And it may come closer with use. I dry fired my new MBT and broken in SSA-E side by side, and while the G has an understandable advantage, it's a 1/2 pound advantage, and the wide trigger helps with some of the heavier "feel". The MBT will no doubt wear in a little while only costing half as much.
    Yep.

Did the package arrive on Friday like the USPS told me it would?

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Yep.

Did the package arrive on Friday like the USPS told me it would?

Saturday, but I was at work during the one hour pickup window. It'll end up in the parcel locker by Tuesday, installed by Wednesday.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'll still employ Geissele for SD/HD
    I would like to know why you prefer/choose the G trigger over the L trigger for SD/HD. Curious, not challenging.

Andy

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Saturday, but I was at work during the one hour pickup window. It'll end up in the parcel locker by Tuesday, installed by Wednesday.
    At least they didn't lose it. So much for priority 2-day.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I would like to know why you prefer/choose the G trigger over the L trigger for SD/HD. Curious, not challenging.

Andy
    Pedigree of design and proven performance. They've been making triggers to a crazy high standard for a very long time. Every single one. For civilians like us and the military.

However, L may eventually get to that same proven level of trustworthy, precise performance if they keep up this level of work. They are doing all the right things, consistently.

That was my only knock on the L when they first came out, my same knock on every new trigger; that it's new. But L has been putting in the work. They are on the right track. There's just no shortcut to obtaining that reputation of dead nuts reliability along with true precision.

L has been producing these for coming on a decade now IIRC. I have recommended them for SD/HD for friends.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    That makes sense, BufordTJustice.

I am running a BCM PNT in my "go-to" AR because I used mil-spec triggers for over 20 years.

My PNT is very smooth but has a heavy pull compared to the G2S and MBT in my range/precision/hunting guns (I know, single stage trigger vs 2 stage).

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 02-24-19 at 10:22.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast