Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Glock 48?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    A buddy shot a group you could cover with a quarter at 21' with my G42. It was 3" to the left of the bull. Yes, Glock triggers are what they are.
    Personally, I think the P365 trigger is less prone to doing this.
    Moon
    Dry fire will show the problem and how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    My 43 does not shoot left, but sometimes I do.
    This. All my errant shots are left. Its imperfect trigger/grip control.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-05-19 at 20:44.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Its funny, if I am dead tired and at the end of the day my pistol shots with glocks tend to stroll a little to the right. If I am being lackadaisical about my grip and trigger pull I they seem to stray to the left slightly. Its all about consistency. BTW, I love my 48 and bought a second one for my wife. They are our daily carry summer guns currently.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    My 43 does not shoot left, but sometimes I do.
    Summed up in 10 words! Thanks, 1168!
    Moon

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    So it took me awhile to get around to writing this, but I’ll try to keep my thoughts on the G48 concise.

For several years I carried the same G19.4 plus a 17 round spare mag. Within the last year or so however, I caught myself, more often than not, tending to carry my G43 (with VT +2 mag) plus a 9 round spare (TTI +3) for all the reasons anyone carries such a gun (light weight, thin, easier to conceal, etc.) I wasn’t overly happy with myself for doing this as I always preferred to have more bullets on me and a true fighting handgun, should I ever need it. I went from 33 rounds to 18, which I wasn’t wild about.

Then the G43X and G48 were released. At first I though both were ridiculous for the same reasons other people thought they were ridiculous: grip on the G43X would be harder to hide than on a G43, G48 is just a G19 with fewer bullets, etc. Then I got to handle both, then borrow a G48 from a co-worker and got to shoot it. Purely based on feel in the hand, and pointiness, the G48 may be the best feeling Glock I’ve used. Within about a week I had a G48.

For me, the G48 is basically a Goldie Locks pistol - just right.

Compared to the G43 I get:

-A better and full firing grip on the gun
    -Don’t have to change my grip to make mag changes like
    -More bullet velocity (same as a G19)
    -More bullets (three more than with my set up of a VT +2 and TTI +3)

Compared to the G43 I lose:

-Nothing - It conceals the same as my G43 with +2 and +3 mag extensions.

Compared to the G19 I lose:

-Bullets (twelve compared to my 15+1 plus 17 round reload)

Compared to the G19 I gain:

-Conceal-ability
    -Comfort
    -Factory forward serrations

So for me, after weighing the pros and cons, I settled on the G48 for my new primary CCW. If I could only have one handgun ever, would it replace the G19? By no means. Is the G48 as all around versatile as the G19? Not at all. But for a dedicated concealed carry handgun, not a duty handgun, in my opinion, the G48 is where it’s at.

With the V Dev Group Meginjord belt, DSG Hitchhiker with the DSG Dark Wing, JM Custom Kydex wedge, and Discreet Carry Concepts belt clips, it disappears in a fitted t-shirt. I'm quite happy with it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    Compared to the G43 I lose:

-Nothing - It conceals the same as my G43 with +2 and +3 mag extensions.
    I was running this calculus through my brain when the 43X and 48 came out. For ME, I would lose the ability to scale down to true G43 size (6+1) for extremely difficult environments.

Where I stand right now is that neither the current G43x nor the G48 are substitutes for the G43.

Now if they made a chopped G43X (G43 II?) then I would have to reevaluate...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yes, I certainly agree with you on the scale-ability of the G43. I was doing this, using the DSG G43/43X/48 holster for my G43 and using extensions when carrying AIWB, and then would put in a flush mag and use the Blue Force Gear Ultra-Comp pocket holster on the very rare occasions I needed to pocket carry and couldn't carry anything else. But those are very few and far between instances for me, so for my needs the G48 has worked out awesomely. But yes, you are certainly right, the G43 is more scaleable in a way the G48 could never be.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've got a 43, 43X, and 48 with all of the above mentioned add ons. For me the 43X is the one I use the most. And I agree the true answer is a 43 Gen II with a cut down grip as the 43X width is better for most everyone over the 43. So, 43Gen II with a shorter 43X mag takes the cake.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    Yes, I certainly agree with you on the scale-ability of the G43. I was doing this, using the DSG G43/43X/48 holster for my G43 and using extensions when carrying AIWB, and then would put in a flush mag and use the Blue Force Gear Ultra-Comp pocket holster on the very rare occasions I needed to pocket carry and couldn't carry anything else. But those are very few and far between instances for me, so for my needs the G48 has worked out awesomely. But yes, you are certainly right, the G43 is more scaleable in a way the G48 could never be.
    Hey, if you get a chance, can you do some side by side pics of the grip length comparison between the G43 with +2 and +3 extensions and the G48 grip?

Thanks,
    Jason

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Well, I drank my coffee and joined the G48 group meeting. I had a G19.5 franken build I traded for a G48. I will pick up a 43X complete slide so I can change her top depending on the occasion.

The grooved trigger shoe is a pain in the finger, A little take up, an abrupt concrete wall, then snap. Trigger shoe is the only thing I can't live with, and the plastic sights.

Anyone used the Overwatch poly trigger? I love the APEX shoe and may just pick up one. Not worried about connector changes.

Sights, probably the Ameriglo Agent, .125 wide frt sight in Orange, U notch rear, Or HD/XR.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Hey, if you get a chance, can you do some side by side pics of the grip length comparison between the G43 with +2 and +3 extensions and the G48 grip?

Thanks,
    Jason
    So I’m not technologically inclined enough to upload pics, but I took some measurements. I stood my 43 and 48 side by side standing on their sights (they both have the same sights) and I came up with the following measurements (they should be fairly accurate but I took them with a ruler FWIW).

G43 with VT/TD +2 is the same length on the front strap, and 3/8” shorter on the back strap than the G48 with magazine inserted.

G43 with TTI +3 is 1/4” longer on the front strap, and 1/16” shorter on the back strap than the G48 with magazine inserted.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast