I have a couple 19's and really like them, but they can be a little on the bulky side for CCW. I saw where the G48 had been released and read up on it. I also have a G43 and this seemed like a hybrid, best of both worlds.

Today I went to a local gun shop and they had one in stock. I hadn't handled one before so this was the first time. It felt good in the hand, like a G19 on a diet. I said "Oh, what the hell" and bought it. It was almost dark when I got home so I loaded up a mag with HST 147gr +P (my 9mm carry ammo of choice), stepped out near the woods, and popped it off. Felt good, no more recoil (it seemed) than my G19's, and fed/fired just fine. Will put some more through it tomorrow.

One might say "Why?" Well, that was my original line of thinking. You lose 5 rounds of capacity and is it worth the tradeoff? For starters, I probably needed it like another hole in the head, but we all know how that goes when it comes to guns! It does feel good in the hand as I mentioned above, so ergonomics is good-to-go. The relative "flatness" will no doubt be a plus when it comes to IWB carry, which is how I do it unless it's a true pocket pistol (like a Ruger LCP .380). The loss of 5 rounds doesn't bother me too much.....you still have 10. The real benefit (to me) is the fact that you have a quite concealable handgun with a 4" barrel so you get the full ballistic performance from your carry ammo in a really slim package.

Anyone else have one, and if so what do you think?