Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Glock 48?

Feedback Score

Thoughts on the Glock 48?

I have a couple 19's and really like them, but they can be a little on the bulky side for CCW. I saw where the G48 had been released and read up on it. I also have a G43 and this seemed like a hybrid, best of both worlds.

Today I went to a local gun shop and they had one in stock. I hadn't handled one before so this was the first time. It felt good in the hand, like a G19 on a diet. I said "Oh, what the hell" and bought it. It was almost dark when I got home so I loaded up a mag with HST 147gr +P (my 9mm carry ammo of choice), stepped out near the woods, and popped it off. Felt good, no more recoil (it seemed) than my G19's, and fed/fired just fine. Will put some more through it tomorrow.

One might say "Why?" Well, that was my original line of thinking. You lose 5 rounds of capacity and is it worth the tradeoff? For starters, I probably needed it like another hole in the head, but we all know how that goes when it comes to guns! It does feel good in the hand as I mentioned above, so ergonomics is good-to-go. The relative "flatness" will no doubt be a plus when it comes to IWB carry, which is how I do it unless it's a true pocket pistol (like a Ruger LCP .380). The loss of 5 rounds doesn't bother me too much.....you still have 10. The real benefit (to me) is the fact that you have a quite concealable handgun with a 4" barrel so you get the full ballistic performance from your carry ammo in a really slim package.

Anyone else have one, and if so what do you think?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am anxious to hear positive reviews. I may have six or seven G19s, but this could find a home in my safe and on my belt some days.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I was on the fence with the 43x or 48 last week. I went with the 43x.

I really liked the 48 and you’re right about the ballistics advantage with the longer barrel on the 48 vs the 43x. That was a big consideration when trying to decide.

End of the day I went with the 43x because I’m starting to appendix carry and the shorter 43x makes a big difference to me.

I put about 100 rounds through the 43x yesterday and was blown away at the difference between it and my standard 43. Night and day. It’s early but I think I’m really going to like it.

I think you will really like the attributes of the 48. More than likely I’ll end up with a 48 at some point too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If I were a nubile young girl living alone; it makes perfect sense. But for me...I have a G19.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I want one for my wife. I think she'd enjoy shooting the 48 more than the 43X. Neither of us like the color of the slide finish though, and I have no idea why they couldn't have made the frame a little longer and incorporated some type of rail for a micro light. I'm sure there will be some trigger guard mount light at some point, but it seems like that would've worked.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I want one for my wife.
    Waiting for the mag design to be trouble free in the wild for a bit, then I want to try one out for my wife.

Not worried about the barrel length with current loads, just recoil difference between the 43x and 48.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Waiting for the mag design to be trouble free in the wild for a bit, then I want to try one out for my wife.

Not worried about the barrel length with current loads, just recoil difference between the 43x and 48.
    Has mag trouble been reported? Or are you just playing it safe?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If I were a nubile young girl living alone; it makes perfect sense. But for me...I have a G19.
    Like I said, I have a couple 19's. One I've had since 2002. Awesome guns. Just thought this was an intriguing alternative.

Put 50-some rounds through it today, a mix of IMI 124gr FMJ, HST +P 147gr, and HST +P 124gr. Made sure to use both mags. No issues at all. Actually a pretty smooth shooter. Wife took a liking to it (damn!). That happened with a Postal Meter M1 Carbine and it's hers now. Tried to dissuade her about this Glock!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I really like the G48 and G43X I handled at the LGS this past week. Took an awful lot of willpower to walk away without the G48.

But I agree that a light rail on the G48 would have been money. As it is, I don't really need another easily-concealable 10-round magazine 9mm pistol without a light rail on it - I already have a 9mm 1911.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For those that have the G48, is it noticeably slimmer in an IWB holster than the G19? Did Glock streamline the slide at all? Is the grip circumference in between a G43 and G19, or closer to the G43/Shield?
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast