Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Glock 48?

Feedback Score
    Twenty rounds a month! Gad, that's not 1/5 of a halfway decent range run. Haven't these doofi figured out that twenty rounds will last a gang banger about forever, but a recreational shooter, about 3 minutes? So much for gun control to fight crime. But we knew that.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    I picked up a G43x today, and shot 250 rounds. Really impressed with the entire thing except for the shape of the serrated trigger. It was painful to shoot after so many rounds, and even gave my self a blister.

The G43x feels like G19 slimline edition rather than a big G43. I'm not sure if I want to carry this or go for a true sub-compact pistol.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have about 400 rounds through my 48 now. I'm not sure if it's me or the gun, but I can't group at all with it. I changed the factory sights out for Ameriglo agents right away and the first time at the range, I was shooting left - not really grouping, just stringing to the left. Drifted the sights a bit to the right and took it back. Same thing, though slightly less left. At this point, I'm thinking it has more to do with my trigger press vis a vis the shape of the frame. I've never noticed this with my 43 (shorter grip makes a difference?) and I took along a different gun to try and eliminate the sights as the culprit - I shot a really nice group in the 10-ring with the other gun at the same distance (FWIW, I forgot how much better I like the trigger on my VP9SK than most of my Glocks).

So, I'm not really sure what to do at this point. Yes, I could go another few hundred or thousand rounds and work on my trigger press, but it's not an issue with any of my other handguns. I'm thinking now of just trading it for a Glock 26 or Shield 2.0.

Feedback Score
    sun', due respect, but shooting left is a typical Glock trigger thing...experiment with how much finger you put on the trigger, and make an issue of pulling straight back.
    I use the distal joint.
    And comparing trigger pull with a non-Glock and a Glock is a non-starter. The Glock trigger is what it is.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    sun', due respect, but shooting left is a typical Glock trigger thing...experiment with how much finger you put on the trigger, and make an issue of pulling straight back.
    I use the distal joint.
    And comparing trigger pull with a non-Glock and a Glock is a non-starter. The Glock trigger is what it is.
    Moon
    Sure, I know what you're talking about, but it's never been an issue with the multitude of Glocks I've owned over the years, which leads me to believe it's a combination of the frame and my normal trigger press. This one, in particular, is not even really grouping to the left.

Feedback Score
    Oops, sorry sun'! The other gun you mentioned wasn't a Glock, and I assumed your 48 was your only one. My bad.
    A buddy shot a wonderful group at21' with a 42...4" left of the bull, first time he tried it.
    Unless the gun simply is a bad shooter (has anyone else tried it?), the lack of a consistent group is a bugger.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    I use the distal joint.
    Moon
    I notice I pull left with my G43 because of this and I can never seem to be consistent in adjust my trigger pull. I shoot all my other handguns just fine so I’m not about to “permanently” change my finger positioning. If I filed down that middle part of the trigger would I cause any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My 9 year old son runs the 48 like a champ.

Voveo pacis tamen instruo pro bellum.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cb805 View Post
    I notice I pull left with my G43 because of this and I can never seem to be consistent in adjust my trigger pull. I shoot all my other handguns just fine so I’m not about to “permanently” change my finger positioning. If I filed down that middle part of the trigger would I cause any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you're talking about the trigger safety in the middle of the trigger, yes, filing that down would possibly cause issues.

If you filed it down, it would not be able to be fully depressed, which would keep you from being able to actually pull the trigger.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Picked up 48 the other day. Great gun. Super easy shooting and love the front cocking serrations. if you already have a 43 I think the 48 is the way to go because you can throw your 43 slide on your 48 frame and then you have a 43x. Definitely opens up lots of options for slim carry.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast