Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Glock 48?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I dunno, seems like someone goofed in product development. I can't figure why the 43 wouldn't have the staggered magazine and slightly wider body, maybe could've squeezed an extra round or 2 out of it. At any rate, I think a 43 with +2 extensions offers a bit more flexibility than the 48 and 43X even though it's a couple rounds short. I want to love the new hotness, I just can't personally justify the purchase. If I'm gonna print, I'll take the 19, if concealed really means concealed I'm taking the 43.
    This

I just want factory +1 and +2 mags. For the 42, also. And +2 for the G26. I guess I want a lot.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I dunno, seems like someone goofed in product development. I can't figure why the 43 wouldn't have the staggered magazine and slightly wider body, maybe could've squeezed an extra round or 2 out of it. At any rate, I think a 43 with +2 extensions offers a bit more flexibility than the 48 and 43X even though it's a couple rounds short. I want to love the new hotness, I just can't personally justify the purchase. If I'm gonna print, I'll take the 19, if concealed really means concealed I'm taking the 43.
    That is exactly where I am. Butt length is the main issue for printing so I mostly wear my G27, and for lighter clothes I go with the G42 (though considering buying a G43, but I bought the 42 before the 43 came out ). I really don't like carrying a single stack unless that is the only option for the occasion. When shooting at the pit or the range I am surprised how quickly 6 shots disappear.

At least with my G27, I can carry a spare 10, 13 (most of the time) or 15 round mag. With the G42 I am stuck with 7 in the gun and six in the pocket. It would be nice to have something more like 9 in the gun and 10-11 in the pocket while keeping the frame as slim as the slide or not much more.

I like that Glock is releasing many new models but I would like to see the semi-staggered stack approach used on the short butt G42/G43.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Finally got some time with my new 48, here's what I found:

200 rounds, mix of GECO 124gr FML and Federal 147gr- 0 malfunctions. Despite being much slimmer and lighter, still very comfortable to shoot and not snappy at all. The trigger on mine is pretty heavy but seems to have smoothed out a little (take this with a grain of salt as the carry G19 has a Taran Tac trigger job). It's pretty accurate and easy to shoot. Here's 50 rounds of 147gr at 7 yards:

I was aiming between the eyes, so I still need to drift the sights a cunt hair to the right. Also it's a little low, probably due to using 43 sights- Glock now offers tritium sights explicitly for the 48 which I might be trading out for shortly.

My GF has a hard time shooting semi's well (strangely she's a murder machine with my S&W 581 .357), but she shoots this guy really well. It's noticeably slimmer in both slide and frame, and it's got a really comfortable grip. Yet it's got the recoil impulse of a G19.

The only drawback after shooting it a bit is slide bite. I shot Glocks for years with no issues, then after carrying a VP9 for a year suddenly my grip has changed and I need beavertails on my Glocks. I'll work on my grip a bit and see if I can correct it over time- either that or just get used to missing a chunk of my hand.

I carried it for about 24 hours with the Vedder Holster it came with and can tell you with absolute certainly that it's a very noticeable difference vs my G19. Much much easier to conceal and lighter. I can easily carry under a t shirt, which is impossible with my G19. The previous owner didn't think it really had anything on his G19, but that's where it really shines and I'm happy to finally have a CCW that bridges shooting and concealing well. Hell, it even seems to draw faster than my G19. I'll be ordering a mag carrier ASAP (I usually carry a spare anyway), as 10+1 isn't bad but I'd have a much bigger piece of mind with another 10 rounds.

PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Been seriously considering the 43X. I tried the 43 but ended up selling it. Couldn't get a grip on it. Pretty much felt like this

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Been seriously considering the 43X. I tried the 43 but ended up selling it. Couldn't get a grip on it. Pretty much felt like this
    Agree. As soon as they make a MOS version of the slimline series, I'll spend my money.
    Last edited by FlyingHunter; 05-01-19 at 19:32.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I bought the 43X and 48. My thoughts are that the 48 is it's a niche gun. My purpose was for my daughter who is 5-3 and 105. She prefers shooting the 19 but realizes it's too big for her to carry and a bit large in the grip. She doesn't care for the 43 at all. She likes the 48 and yes, it is a compromise, but one that works for her. I swapped out my wifes 43 for the 43X as it's easier to grip (she even preferred it with a Hogue rubber as the 43 is so thin). For me it's like many here, the 19 for most carry options, with a 43 for deep concealment and a 45 for the rare times I wear a uniform. I do at times wear a 43X in plain clothes while in the office, it's OK with me but I always carry 2 spares so 31 rounds seems adequate. It's nice that after decades Glock is offering options. I do think that the 43 with a shorter staggered 43X, 48 type mag would make more sense but it's not available...........
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    This

I just want factory +1 and +2 mags. For the 42, also. And +2 for the G26. I guess I want a lot.
    How's the weather under that rock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I just got a new Copia from RCS and the adjustment screw is significantly shorter than on the older one and the adjustment screw doesn't stick through nearly as much when tightened down for G43X/48 magazines (it barely sticks through, not the full eighth to quarter inch of the older one).
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thanks! I’m embarrassed to say that I did not know those existed. I’ve been using the Pierce extensions on my G26 mags, but I would prefer to stay all factory.
    Last edited by 1168; 05-02-19 at 08:27. Reason: Add

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Thanks! I’m embarrassed to say that I did not know those existed. I’ve been using the Pierce extensions on my G26 mags, but I would prefer to stay all factory.
    Yep, I have quite a few of those, they're great. They require an insert to go with them, of course, but they're 9noy a couple of bucks.

Those extensions were around 5 bucks each, last time I got some, from the Glock store itself.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast