Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Glock 48?

Feedback Score
    I held these at the store the other day and was very impressed. The Blue Label price was very attractive. I can see why they have been getting such good reviews. The biggest thing for me was the Ameriglo sites that we on them. I’ve never seen the big orange dot H3’s before and it definitely draws the eye.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No problems I have heard of yet, just not an early adopter type myself.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    I held these at the store the other day and was very impressed. The Blue Label price was very attractive. I can see why they have been getting such good reviews. The biggest thing for me was the Ameriglo sites that we on them. I’ve never seen the big orange dot H3’s before and it definitely draws the eye.
    What was your blue label pricing? Blue label 43X's and 48's are scarce around me at the moment. Did see a 43X advertised for $390...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    For those that have the G48, is it noticeably slimmer in an IWB holster than the G19? Did Glock streamline the slide at all? Is the grip circumference in between a G43 and G19, or closer to the G43/Shield?
    Without actually measuring the grip it should be the exact same circumference as the Glock 43, just that it's taller. That's one of the things I like about it. Haven't actually put it in an IWB holster in the pants yet but it should feel like a taller, longer Glock 43. Or looking at it another way, a Glock 19 on a diet! Think about it: on a diet you don't get shorter, just thinner.

Another interesting thing to note (from an article I read) is that it was made to also be sold in Canada, where a handgun barrel cannot be below 105mm in length. The Glock 48 is 106mm, which is 4.18" A Glock 19 barrel is 4.02". So the Glock 48 barrel is 0.16" longer than a Glock 19. Certainly not an Earth-shattering revelation but interesting to know.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarmer View Post
    What was your blue label pricing? Blue label 43X's and 48's are scarce around me at the moment. Did see a 43X advertised for $390...
    The Blue Label price I was quoted was $380. I do not meet the Blue Label criteria but was curious in case my buddy (a retired SF SgtMaj) wanted one.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I was quoted the same.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    For those that have the G48, is it noticeably slimmer in an IWB holster than the G19? Did Glock streamline the slide at all? Is the grip circumference in between a G43 and G19, or closer to the G43/Shield?
    Grip circumference subjectively feels closer to 43 than 19. According to Glock specs off of website, G43 and G48 only one mm apart but some folks measured their 48s thicker than on spec sheet and more closer to in-between size width-wise. Obviously, 48 mags are wider than those for 43 and don't fit into the 43 so the 48 has to be wider. My IWB is AIWB and 48 is notably slimmer than 19, not just because of grip but because of slide which does contribute to concealment in appendix position. However, because of slide length and how far laterally it extends, for my body and my definition of concealment the 48 is in line with the 19 effor-wise while the 43 is step above in the NPE/discretion department.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a blue label, Glock 48 and much prefer it over the Shield. It has a super thin profile and is unnoticeable in an appendix holster. Only problem is there are no additional mags available at this time. I would give it a 5 star rating.
    You only get one shot to make a lasting impression. *** Make it a good one!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    True Blue Label should be 358 non night sight and 411 Glock night sights. What happens with some "Blue Label" dealers is they are not the true distributer. They are approved for the Blue Label and have to obtain via the distributer. Around here my best option is to order through Atlantic Tactical and transfer to ffl or get through local "BL" and end up paying 10 more out the door. I actually have a third, drive 3 hours round trip and buy from Town Police in Richmond and "save" 25 or so-less gas and hassle unless my wife drives me and I hit the brew pubs on the way back(gun locked up of course)

I miss the days when you could get it right off the UPS truck, dang
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'll measure again later, the 43x/48 mag is .780 +/- .005 and the 17/19/26 .9 +/- .005 wide, depth(front-back) is the same. Will measure a 43 mag and tape the circumference on 43 48.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast