Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Glock 48?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    True Blue Label should be 358 non night sight and 411 Glock night sights. What happens with some "Blue Label" dealers is they are not the true distributer. They are approved for the Blue Label and have to obtain via the distributer.
    I was going to say, $380-390 sounds high. I've seen the blue label from big LE sources for $368. Not sure on availability, though.

I bought an in-stock 48, regular sights, for $448 OTD, which seemed like a good price. Haven't picked it up yet, but I hope to put some rounds through it this weekend. I didn't really need it, but if it makes me more likely to carry it than not carrying my 19X, that's a win.

Will the 48/43X mags fit in a 43?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The mags are not interchangeable. What one can do though is change frames or slides around though using the appropriate magazine. Son and I just got back shooting the 43, 48 and the 365. Shoots the 43/365 about the same but likes the 48 much more for shoot ability. I have a nice holster on the way for the 48, need to get a mag pouch also. For info, at 275 round count on the 48, no issues, zero malfunctions and have shot 115 Speer ball and 124+p Gold Dots.

I was at 421/22 out on mine as it was easier to go in with cash and not pad the account and order. Looking at the Ameriglo sights.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/Q-AIWBWC2-G43L.html

https://ameriglo.com/products/glock-hackathorn-sets

Just some quick dimensions using a tape(grip), may be off 1/32" either way. Measured trigger reach from the backstop to the trigger's center, trigger safety compressed on Glocks(caliper). Grip measured following the grip angle around just under the trigger guard and at the bottom. The measurement at the bottom is increased with the "hump" but so close under the trigger guard.

P365
    Reach-2.660
    Grip under TG-4 5/8"
    Grip at Maxwell-4 3/4"

G43 2.625
    4 11/16"
    5 1/8"

G48
    4 15/16"
    5 3/16"
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    unless my wife drives me and I hit the brew pubs on the way back(gun locked up of course)
    Don't lose her!
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Don't lose her!
    Yeah, she's a keeper!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Blue Label with plastic sights is $358. OTD w/taxes is $388 in TX (8.25%)

I hope it sells well. I looks like a cool gun. Just other higher priorities for me at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I like the G43 because it's tiny and slim for situations where my G17/19 won't fit my attire. A 43X doesn't appeal to me because I can just get mag extensions for my 43. A 48? I don't see the use in MY personal lifestyle for it, but I'm sure it will fit someone's.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So I shot a 48...

It really is a Glock SW Model 39.

I actually like it more than a G19 for CCW. No interest in the 43x whatsoever on my end.

Really G34 is my bae but really my G19 may get relegated to a hunting gun now.

It’s so pointy. Point click point click. Maybe we won’t see a .45 Glock 1911. But this is like a 9mm Glock 1911 in terms of grippiness and pointiness.

I have a hand longer than most of your black tall NBA stars save for maaaaybe Shaq and I thought it would hold me back but NO! It makes it better.

Like I am not on acid or K holing but like... I appreciate this more as a man than I would if I were a girl. Although if I were a girl I would be happier because all I’d need is this, a Retro CAR-15, and maybe a 1911 in 9mm. Then I could just live my life free from my pile of shame.

I dunno... I’d be replacing Knights Armament with Louis Vuitton. I would be soooo unapproachable.

The tallest I’d be is 5’9” so I can still be somewhat imposing and beat a man’s ass but still be able to be sorta diminutive only for the most superior of mates.

I never thought that 30 minutes with a single stack 9mm Glock would give me all this liberty to just open up but yes...I approve of these pistols

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    So I shot a 48...

It really is a Glock SW Model 39.

I actually like it more than a G19 for CCW. No interest in the 43x whatsoever on my end.

Really G34 is my bae but really my G19 may get relegated to a hunting gun now.

It’s so pointy. Point click point click. Maybe we won’t see a .45 Glock 1911. But this is like a 9mm Glock 1911 in terms of grippiness and pointiness.

I have a hand longer than most of your black tall NBA stars save for maaaaybe Shaq and I thought it would hold me back but NO! It makes it better.

Like I am not on acid or K holing but like... I appreciate this more as a man than I would if I were a girl. Although if I were a girl I would be happier because all I’d need is this, a Retro CAR-15, and maybe a 1911 in 9mm. Then I could just live my life free from my pile of shame.

I dunno... I’d be replacing Knights Armament with Louis Vuitton. I would be soooo unapproachable.

The tallest I’d be is 5’9” so I can still be somewhat imposing and beat a man’s ass but still be able to be sorta diminutive only for the most superior of mates.

I never thought that 30 minutes with a single stack 9mm Glock would give me all this liberty to just open up but yes...I approve of these pistols
    LOL!!!

Glock 19 for a true SHTF scenario. It's what I'd snatch along with my "grab-and-go" AR. No doubt about it. Wouldn't even have to mull it over.

But for CCW in "civilized" times? The Glock 48 struck a chord with me. Just sayin'......
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Thoughts on the Glock 48?

Not trying to convince you one way or the other on the 43x because you’re entitled to your preferences, but I also have a 43 that I’ve shot a lot. Comparing the two, mag/grip extension on the 43 is not the same as the 43x grip. Night and day difference. Quite surprising actually.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    I like the G43 because it's tiny and slim for situations where my G17/19 won't fit my attire. A 43X doesn't appeal to me because I can just get mag extensions for my 43. A 48? I don't see the use in MY personal lifestyle for it, but I'm sure it will fit someone's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arptsprt; 02-04-19 at 19:29.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have 0 interest in a 43x, and since I mostly don't bother with CCW anymore, the 48 is only just slightly interesting.

Dunno, though. Since the gettin' is still good, it might be worth looking into tossing one on the pile for the inevitable 10-round-limit future.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast