Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Glock 48?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    So I shot a 48...

It really is a Glock SW Model 39.

I actually like it more than a G19 for CCW. No interest in the 43x whatsoever on my end.

Really G34 is my bae but really my G19 may get relegated to a hunting gun now.

It’s so pointy. Point click point click. Maybe we won’t see a .45 Glock 1911. But this is like a 9mm Glock 1911 in terms of grippiness and pointiness.

I have a hand longer than most of your black tall NBA stars save for maaaaybe Shaq and I thought it would hold me back but NO! It makes it better.

Like I am not on acid or K holing but like... I appreciate this more as a man than I would if I were a girl. Although if I were a girl I would be happier because all I’d need is this, a Retro CAR-15, and maybe a 1911 in 9mm. Then I could just live my life free from my pile of shame.

I dunno... I’d be replacing Knights Armament with Louis Vuitton. I would be soooo unapproachable.

The tallest I’d be is 5’9” so I can still be somewhat imposing and beat a man’s ass but still be able to be sorta diminutive only for the most superior of mates.

I never thought that 30 minutes with a single stack 9mm Glock would give me all this liberty to just open up but yes...I approve of these pistols
    Damn, Fly...did you just chill with it and share a cigarette after your range session, or did you kick it to the curb with a wink and tip of your hat. LOL!

Feedback Score
    The G48 as a 9mm 1911 is an apt comparison. I actually was looking at a Norinco 1911 at the same time as as the 48 and couldn’t help but feel like the profile was similar.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post

Dunno, though. Since the gettin' is still good, it might be worth looking into tossing one on the pile for the inevitable 10-round-limit future.
    That was a secondary thought for me, as well, as long as I'm trapped in my hellhole state.

Feedback Score
    I’ve thought about the whole 10 round thing but then my state decided that they are going to try and pass a 5 round limit with no grandfather. I think I’ll see how this all washes out before I buy anything else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    That was a secondary thought for me, as well, as long as I'm trapped in my hellhole state.
    I live in a "free" state (per se) so mag capacity isn't an issue. I just like the fact that you can get full-sized gun ballistics with a very carry-able platform. Yeah, a SIG P365 has 10 rounds and is more compact but it doesn't have a 4.18" barrel either.

That said, the P365 is absolutely next on my list!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    I’ve thought about the whole 10 round thing but then my state decided that they are going to try and pass a 5 round limit with no grandfather. I think I’ll see how this all washes out before I buy anything else.
    Damn, and I thought my pre-lock 686+ was future proof.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    Damn, and I thought my pre-lock 686+ was future proof.
    Maybe they'll allow subjects in OR to fill in a couple of cylinder holes with lead to get down to 5 rounds....

Feedback Score
    I hear the 43x and 48 use the same frame and are wider than the 43? How much more narrow does it actually feel in the hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cb805 View Post
    I hear the 43x and 48 use the same frame and are wider than the 43? How much more narrow does it actually feel in the hand?
    To me it feels like a full-sized 43 (obviously subjective).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I’m not too worried. Even if it gets passed it will hit the courts fast. The law as written already doesn’t survive the Heller decision. The law bans entire categories of commonly used firearms. Not only is the magazine limited to 5 rounds but guns capable of accepting larger magazines are banned. It would also limit you to 20 rounds of ammo a month. I can’t think of a single other law that rations how much of anything you can buy. Supposedly the law was written by high school students and the state rep didnt make any changes because he wanted them to feel a part of the process. He also stated that he didn’t review what they wrote for constitutionality. The left is swinging for the fences but all they really are accomplishing is showing their true hand.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast