Quote Originally Posted by VortexOptics View Post
Appreciate you trying to keep it candid, but it's a Vortex scope so let's just get that out in the clear. Canted reticles are not a common occurrence by any means.
Since it's out in the open, I will say that I have also had a problem with a canted reticle, and it was a Vortex scope (Viper PST 1-4x with the MOA reticle) that I purchased new from a well know vendor. It was on a 3 gun competition gun and it took me a while to be 100% sure the problem was not caused by something I did (like mounting it incorrectly or knocking it when I was handling it rough).

It kept getting worse and worse (rotating more and more) which actually helped me realize it was the scope and not me. I had never heard about a twisted reticle until then. Once I was sure there was a problem with the scope, I contacted Vortex. They were easy to work with, I sent it in, they repaired it (I think it was a weak glue/adhesive issue), and I have been using it since with no problems.

I will say one thing. Even with a significantly rotated reticle (right before I sent it back to Vortex), it was still shooting exactly where it was zero'd. I had it zero'd at 200 yards, and I was hitting multiple steel targets (relatively small ones) at 200 yards in a match with no problems. I couldn't believe it, and some of my fellow competitors were impressed too.

As someone mentioned, the biggest problem is that it's a significant time loss to remove, send back, remount, etc.

Joe Mamma