Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 70 grain Nosler RDF IMR 8208 XBR

Feedback Score
    I found XBR 8208 to be the one of the most accurate powders i have ever seen with heavy for caliber bullets. Unfortunately the "power band" came in way low on the velocity/pressure region of the load development. The higher i went above 23 grains, the bigger the groups. That was just one rifle and one test. Obviously other people have great luck with it at max pressure with various barrel profiles.

The name of the game is knowing when to hold and when to fold though. (powder or bullet) Sometimes we all temporarily forget that.

Next time you go out into the world on a calm day, you should do the next loadings all at 300 yards. The truth always starts to be told at that distance and beyond.

Of course you know that. Just a friendly reminder to other readers who read this down the road.

I have a Colt 6724 also. It is the most accurate rifle i will likely ever own. I only shoot 55gr Nosler BT's with W748. Stupid accuracy, with so much satisfaction.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aklaunch View Post
    I found XBR 8208 to be the one of the most accurate powders i have ever seen with heavy for caliber bullets. Unfortunately the "power band" came in way low on the velocity/pressure region of the load development. The higher i went above 23 grains, the bigger the groups. That was just one rifle and one test. Obviously other people have great luck with it at max pressure with various barrel profiles.

The name of the game is knowing when to hold and when to fold though. (powder or bullet) Sometimes we all temporarily forget that.

Next time you go out into the world on a calm day, you should do the next loadings all at 300 yards. The truth always starts to be told at that distance and beyond.

Of course you know that. Just a friendly reminder to other readers who read this down the road.

I have a Colt 6724 also. It is the most accurate rifle i will likely ever own. I only shoot 55gr Nosler BT's with W748. Stupid accuracy, with so much satisfaction.
    I was right around that 23gr point when I got the best accuracy also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12