Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: CMMG .22lr conversion - a brief review

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I shoot more .22 than anything else these days. And it does significantly help with my skills shooting other weapons.
    I can afford to run 2000 rounds a month of .22. No way I could do that with 5.56.
    Recoil isn't there but trigger function and time is the same.
    Dave
    Last edited by shadow65; 03-21-11 at 13:04.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score

Thumbs up CMMG conversion kit rocks!

Used mine for the first time this last weekend. It installed and functioned flawlessly with Federal Bulk 36 gr High Velocity. With my bullet drop compensator set for 300 yards, it is sighted perfectly for those 50 yard whistle pig shots!!!!

What an inexpensive blast!!

Feedback Score
    For some real fun get yourselves the Black Dog 50 round drums, they're super easy to load alot better than the stick mags. The only down side is it doesn't have the BHO option. I have had very good results with my CMMG conversion though I have the Stainless steel version and the stick mags and drums work fine also. I think the SS version stays cleaner longer as my buddy's non SS kit builds up more carbon sooner than my SS kit does. Midway is where I got my 50 round drum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow65 View Post
    I shoot more .22 than anything else these days.
    +1

For about the same reasons. I only seem to shoot centerfire when I'm shooting for accuracy at 100yds and beyond...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had my CMMG stainless conversion kit since about the middle of last summer (8-9 months). I've put roughly 2,000 rounds through it (some CCI Standard Velocity, but mostly Winchester and Federal bulk packs from Wal-Mart). My ammo of choice is the Winchester- it's reasonably accurate (usually 1-1.5" at 25 yards out of a 1/7 twist), and pretty reliable. If I don't clean it all the time I'll usually end up with a jam at about 300-400 rounds, which is pretty acceptable reliability in my eyes for how dirty .22 can get.

While it doesn't simulate recoil in any manner, it's excellent for breaking in new FCGs and just flat out trigger time. Not to mention it's a blast to shoot- and amazingly cheap. It paid for itself long ago. I have no experience with the with any of their other kits, but the stainless cleans up pretty easily and runs great.
    Last edited by SpyderMan2k4; 04-19-11 at 16:45.

Feedback Score
    I've been shooting Remington golden bullets out of my Cmmg .22 kit and I'm pleased so far. The only gripe I have is with all the "gold" residue from the bullets coming off on my hand and then transferring to my rifle and everything else I touch.
    Philippians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I picked up the CMMG kit in the "Bargain Cave" at Cabelas about a month ago. With the reduced price, a coupon, and some points I had on my card it was $10 so I figured I would give it a try.

So far it has been near perfect with about 700 rounds fired and one hiccup. Mostly Federal Bulk but I have tried Remington Golden Bullets with success. I have yet to clean it but I do shoot some 223 through the gun every couple hundred rounds.

I have not tried to see what kind of accuracy it will really do but shooting offhand through a Sabre Defense 1:8 twist 16" barrel I was able to get a 1" group at 10 yards and emptied a complete mag into a 5" steel plate at 40 yards. This is adequate for what I am want to use it for.

Great fun and wish I had picked one up a long time ago.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819