Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flux Defense Glock brace?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The marketing is good. That I’ll give it.

Feedback Score
    I have 12 Glock pistols. I think it would be fun to try, though it is more expensive than the Endo Shockwave setup.

I wonder how sighting would be? Is is just as hard to shoot using conventional sights?

I just acquired this: IMI Kidon Pistol Conversion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Not gonna lie. This is the first “pistol brace” I’ve even been mildly interested in. This on a 17MOS could be fun.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I hope it comes with a free can of Barbasol, cause that's the only use I can see for it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I can see this on a dedicated HD gun with a red dot and 33 round mag....but not for me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It looks like it is real short...too short to be of significant use?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    The marketing is good. That I’ll give it.
    Their marketing is fantastic. it checks just about every box possible. It's how their target market wants to perceive themselves.

There's a back and forth on pistol stocks/braces/whatever. Now they're in vogue. We all know it's not a new idea. I used to have a Mauser and a P35 with stocks. The question I have is, has the use case changed? In Israel there are legal restrictions that make stocks/chassis practical. B&T seems to think such a device would fill a capability gap for police in European markets.

What's the use case for the U.S. market? What goals will the end user accomplish with this that he could not without? How reasonable are these goals? Then further, what's existing on the market that already accomplishes these goals? How does such a product perform better/worse than existing products?

I frame it this way because it may be well engineered, it may do exactly what it says it is supposed to do, it may even do things I wish I were capable of doing.... but if it isn't performing in a way I would actually use it, in a manner superior to existing products, I don't see this type of product reaching mass adoption, or surviving in the long term. They're just the most recent trend.

Long way of saying, why would I conceal carry this thing when it adds weight and size, but no practical added capability? Why would I use this instead of a chassis or PCC at a match? Why would this substitute for a rifle locked in a trunk (a little more complicated a question)? How will it compete with existing pistol and rifle based products in the PDW segment?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Just saying...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by los View Post

Just saying...
    Work of art, LOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by los View Post

Just saying...
    Ready for Resident Evil XXV or whatever they are on.

OT, I don't see a need or want for it, but choice is good. If you want to feel like an operator with a taci-beard and get a product that you'll never use like they do in the video, only stand in front of a mirror at home, when no one is around - go for it.

To me the missing link for all these shortie 9MM pistols with braces or SMG type setups is the lack of full auto / burst capability. Because if I'm semi-only and shouldering a weapon for other than range fun, I don't see a reason to be shooting something other than a centerfire rifle caliber.

JMO, worth what you paid for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast