Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a couple cans soon and need advice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I live in the middle of nowhere, and what does the mail have to do with anything?
    Because you said it cost $100 in gas to get to the local dealer. There’s no reason you have to go to the local dealer. You can do prints and photos yourself, mail in signed forms, and when it’s approved they can mail* the silencer to your house.

(*Unless you live in a state with local regulations that prevent this)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    thats a nope

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Because you said it cost $100 in gas to get to the local dealer. There’s no reason you have to go to the local dealer. You can do prints and photos yourself, mail in signed forms, and when it’s approved they can mail* the silencer to your house.

(*Unless you live in a state with local regulations that prevent this)
    It’s been almost 2 years since I’ve picked one up. But I remember them calling in to the ATF just as if it were a gun purchase after your paperwork comes back.

I have 4, 3 from the same dealer. So unless they’re doing unnecessarily, you’ll have to be on site at some point.

Plus the dealer signs the form as the current owner of the can for the transfer.
    Last edited by elnino31; 02-22-19 at 16:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elnino31 View Post
    It’s been almost 2 years since I’ve picked one up. But I remember them calling in to the ATF just as if it were a gun purchase after your paperwork comes back.

I have 4, 3 from the same dealer. So unless they’re doing unnecessarily, you’ll have to be on site at some point.

Plus the dealer signs the form as the current owner of the can for the transfer.
    I don’t believe OH has any special process. But with post-41F everybody has already had a background check done. So box 20 on the 4473 is checked (you can also the instructions on the form).

You can mail the forms for a signature. They can fill it out, sign it, mail it to you to sign and send in...or vice versa. That’s all I was saying. You don’t need to be onsite for the process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12