Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a couple cans soon and need advice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Buying a couple cans soon and need advice.

I keep going back and forth thinking my decisions wont be good enough.

I want to get 2 cans for my 2 556 guns, one is a 10.5" and the other a 16", size/weight, durability, cost and limited to silencer shop because that's what my local has. I am really considering 2 yhm turbos or the new turbo k thats coming out.
    Yet I keep saying to myself maybe the saker or griffen line would be the "better" purchase? griffin would definitely be the top of my price range.
    My problem is I read too much and I always second guess my decision, last month I was dead set on yhm turbo, and in a month I flip flopped about 10 times.
    Heard about the Turbo K and was like if I don't like the mount I can swap it out and sell off the mounts to offset the cost for another, now I am wondering if I should just spend that extra cost and AHHHHH.

I over think and i guess that's not a bad thing because a suppressor is a life purchase.
    I don't see myself having anything in a .30 and if I do i would just get a can for it and do this process all over again.
    Last edited by Sidneyious; 02-04-19 at 19:02.

Feedback Score

Buying a couple cans soon and need advice.

Overthinking it.

Get what you think makes you happy and you’d use. I acquired 4 at once for 22 LR, 45acp, and 30 cal rifle plus an integral suppressed 22 LR. My 45 ACP also has adapters for 40 S&W and 9 mm .

I have 4 plus 2 in waiting. One more rifle and one 9 mm.

I plan to get one for shotgun, soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by CDR_Glock; 02-04-19 at 19:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds and perceived suppression will vary person to person as everybody hears differently. Just like optics, what one perceives as better glass may not be the same to the person next to them.

Figure the options you want...direct thread or muzzle device mount. Direct thread will be cheaper as it will save you about $75 - $150 per gun the muzzle device.

All my current cans are direct thread.. I have 3 in NFA jail that have the option of changing out the rear of the can to allow for either direct thread or ASR mount. That at least gives me options down the road.

Some of the 30 cal cans from silencerco allow you to swap out the muzzle end for a smaller opening so it is more effective for .223 but you can swap the end caps back to .30 for use on a .30 cal.

Again more options and versatility.

Feedback Score
    I bought two Turbos last year and don’t regret it. Will be grabbing a Turbo K when they come out in a month or two.

I would even consider one Turbo and one Resonator. That would cover the .30 stuff if you grabbed one down the road without having to wait again. And it would work fine on 5.56. I would suggest seeing if they’ll swap out the Resonator mount for a Turbo Mount. They look the same, but the Turbo won’t fit on the .30 mounts. Have two Turbo mounts would let you swap back and forth if you wanted.

Swapping end caps is often a waste of $$ & effort, and gives you the opportunity to try and put a .30 projectile through a .22 hole at some point.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Whatever you buy you will like. Buy the best you can afford. You will buy more. So let it rip and press on.

I’m sure you will be happy once it’s on the gun. I have many many cans and like them all

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think I will go for the YHM K when my dealer gets it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I keep going back and forth thinking my decisions wont be good enough.

I want to get 2 cans for my 2 556 guns, one is a 10.5" and the other a 16", size/weight, durability, cost and limited to silencer shop because that's what my local has. I am really considering 2 yhm turbos or the new turbo k thats coming out.
    Yet I keep saying to myself maybe the saker or griffen line would be the "better" purchase? griffin would definitely be the top of my price range.
    My problem is I read too much and I always second guess my decision, last month I was dead set on yhm turbo, and in a month I flip flopped about 10 times.
    Heard about the Turbo K and was like if I don't like the mount I can swap it out and sell off the mounts to offset the cost for another, now I am wondering if I should just spend that extra cost and AHHHHH.

I over think and i guess that's not a bad thing because a suppressor is a life purchase.
    I don't see myself having anything in a .30 and if I do i would just get a can for it and do this process all over again.
    I would not limit my potential purchase to in stock local.

Any shop ive been to will do a transfer on any online nfa purchase. The price may change though. Its a long-term purchase, dont sell yourself short to save $100 bucks on something you’ll own for 10 years.

Determi e what you want, find what fits that and is within budget.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-10-19 at 22:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its going to cost me over 100$ in gas to get to the local shop and back

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    Its going to cost me over 100$ in gas to get to the local shop and back
    Why do you have to go to the local shop? Mail not run in your area?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I live in the middle of nowhere, and what does the mail have to do with anything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast