Thread: POF Revolution DI .308 Review/test

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

POF Revolution DI .308 Review/test

I have wanted a more modern battle rifle than the HK91 I own, and I debated a long time regarding which one. I considered SR-25, DD, Aero, LMT. For cost (less than KAC and LMT) and size (smaller than all) reasons, I decided to try the POF Revolution DI. This is the DI version of the Revolution piston gun, which has been on the market for a while. I chose the .308 version over the 6.5C because of ammo considerations.

So far I'm satisfied with the gun as a battle rifle. It's not super accurate in my hands, but will shoot 1 MOA with some ammo. I did not care for the factory trigger and put in an SSA. I'm also not a big fan of the hand guard; it has a small circumference, which is in style, but it rotates some when using the bi-pod. This allows it to contact the gas block. According to POF the upper will accept AR-15 barrel nuts and rails, so I may install a Geissele or ALG for more clearance and rigidity.

It has a 1:10 barrel and seems to prefer heavier/longer bullets. I'm looking for a defensive/duty round this gun shoots well. So far, the 168SMKs in Magtech and FGGM shoot the best, but I don't care for the terminal ballistics of the bullet.

Here are some shooting results from several outings. Razor HD 1-6, bi-pod or front bag, prone. Distances 100 or 200 yards as shown on the targets. Ammo type is also on the targets. Some 10 rd groups, some 5 rd groups. I think the Pakistani surplus is actually 146gr, not 147 as I wrote on the targets. Temps varied from 10-35F, alt 5150ft.

I'm interested in any information or experience you all have with the Rev DI.

Last edited by MQ105; 02-12-19 at 00:54.