Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: POF Revolution DI .308 Review/test

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    Well, the gun had to go back. It just is not reliable, particularly when resting the magazine on the ground or other surface. Several other problems too, like the flimsy hand guard flexing and hitting the gas block. We'll see what POF does. I'm already looking for something else, though, as I don't have any confidence in POF rifles.
    You asked if this is a dud or par for the course. From what I’ve read POF is not known for highly reliable AR10’s. Looking into another platform will serve you well. The new Colt CM is the best bang for the buck, however it is not totally vetted for longevity yet. Too soon on market, but great start. Then look at your easy home-runs , DD LMT....

You shot it pretty good for a 1-6 scope. And that’s why I think your groups really opened up at 200.

Best of luck.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-26-19 at 11:46.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Hey alrick18,
    Well, I'm sure everyone reading this would love to know what the Problem(s) were and what they did to TRY to fix it and what YOU ended up doing to fix said Problem(s)?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by alrick18 View Post
    I was considering getting one of these rifles, after reading about these issues I will be holing on a purchase. I had similar problems with a well known AR10 builder, they could never get the gun figured out, I sent it back 3 times. I fixed it myself. I hope you get your issued figured out.
    The lessons that we learn are written the tomb stones of others. -Reid Henrichs

Feedback Score
    RVTMaverrick,

With my AR 10 from the well known builder. The problem was bad gas rings, I changed them out to enhanced gas rings and I have never had a problem after that, with over a thousand rounds fired. Number 10 was my problem, you would think that the builder would have done the same type of check. Then I have seen a few AR run with bad and no gas rings. This builder said that they did a function test with and without my suppressor and the rifle cycled correctly. This AR 10 was a $4,000.00 rifle and it was not KAC, it was just a frustrating experience that I was able to get resolved on my own.

What I learned from the experience are:
    1. Just because they are a reputable builder, I could still have problems.
    2. For gas guns check everything, a good cleaning and lubrication before you start shooting should be a common practice.
    3. Just because the builder said there is nothing wrong with the rifle, does not mean it is fixed.
    4. When you try 4 different brand magazines, 7 different types of ammunition and it still does not cycle correctly, the problem is the gun.
    5. Just because the builder has a solid reputation on building bold guns does not mean that they will be on top of things with gas guns.
    6. Suppressors add another potential for problems even with best gas blocks.
    7. Understand ejection patterns for your gas gun, they will tell you if you gun is over gassed, under gassed or if adjustment are warranted.
    8. There is a difference in shooting one round at a time or shooting from a full magazine.
    9. Spraying carb cleaner down the gas tube will quickly tell you if your gas block hole is blocked or out of alignment.
    10. If your bolt carrier group will not stand on end with the bold head extended you could have bad gas ring or an oversize bore.
    11. Be careful when swapping out BCG's on the AR 10
    12. Get headspace gauges and know how to use them.
    13. Learn how to read your fired cases.

Alrick18

Feedback Score
    Hey alrick18,

Thanks for the info., I totally agree with what you wrote.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by alrick18 View Post
    RVTMaverrick,

With my AR 10 from the well known builder. The problem was bad gas rings, I changed them out to enhanced gas rings and I have never had a problem after that, with over a thousand rounds fired. Number 10 was my problem, you would think that the builder would have done the same type of check. Then I have seen a few AR run with bad and no gas rings. This builder said that they did a function test with and without my suppressor and the rifle cycled correctly. This AR 10 was a $4,000.00 rifle and it was not KAC, it was just a frustrating experience that I was able to get resolved on my own.

What I learned from the experience are:
    1. Just because they are a reputable builder, I could still have problems.
    2. For gas guns check everything, a good cleaning and lubrication before you start shooting should be a common practice.
    3. Just because the builder said there is nothing wrong with the rifle, does not mean it is fixed.
    4. When you try 4 different brand magazines, 7 different types of ammunition and it still does not cycle correctly, the problem is the gun.
    5. Just because the builder has a solid reputation on building bold guns does not mean that they will be on top of things with gas guns.
    6. Suppressors add another potential for problems even with best gas blocks.
    7. Understand ejection patterns for your gas gun, they will tell you if you gun is over gassed, under gassed or if adjustment are warranted.
    8. There is a difference in shooting one round at a time or shooting from a full magazine.
    9. Spraying carb cleaner down the gas tube will quickly tell you if your gas block hole is blocked or out of alignment.
    10. If your bolt carrier group will not stand on end with the bold head extended you could have bad gas ring or an oversize bore.
    11. Be careful when swapping out BCG's on the AR 10
    12. Get headspace gauges and know how to use them.
    13. Learn how to read your fired cases.

Alrick18
    The lessons that we learn are written the tomb stones of others. -Reid Henrichs

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Anyone have any more info on the POF Rogue or Revolution rifles? Looking at one of these OR a Ruger SFAR.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've had a 16" .308 Rogue for about six months. It is my favorite rifle.

I swapped the CH for a Radian, the factory handguard for a MI one, and the gas block for a Riflespeed adjustable unit. The rifle shoots great with everything from Tula steel cased to 168gr SMKs. I thought the 1:8 twist barrel might be an issue but so far no problems. Accuracy ranges from 1.5MOA to 2.5MOA, depending on the ammo, which is perfectly acceptable as I don't intend this to be a precision rifle.

Recoil is really a non-issue if you apply any sort of recoil control technique. The Rogue does prefer the polymer Magpul mags (20 and 25 rounders work fine). I've tried some metal mags, but they occasionally will misfeed.

My Rogue honestly feels like an AR15. As pictured, it is about the same weight as an AR15 with a similar scope setup, and actually lighter than some of my AR15s with heavy barrels or bigger scopes.

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    I thought the 1:8 twist barrel might be an issue but so far no problems.
    Are you sure about that? They list 1:10 twist on their site.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Are you sure about that? They list 1:10 twist on their site.
    Yeah, they must have changed the spec. Which is good, IMHO. I'll have to double-check my barrel markings when I get back home.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234