Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: POF Revolution DI .308 Review/test

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well, the gun had to go back. It just is not reliable, particularly when resting the magazine on the ground or other surface. Several other problems too, like the flimsy hand guard flexing and hitting the gas block. We'll see what POF does. I'm already looking for something else, though, as I don't have any confidence in POF rifles.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Keep us up to date. I recently had the opportunity to pick one of these up and chose the P-308 Edge instead. Being an early adopter was just something that I didn't want to mess with. The P-308 Edge has been excellent both in accuracy and reliability with the exception that there is some chrome flaking off one of the bolt lugs. The weight, as purchased, was 8.3 lbs.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'll update when/if there's news. I rolled the dice because of the size and weight, so the gamble is on me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    OP I’m sorry you’re having issues.
    I was really close to getting a Revolution, but went with a PWS MK216 due to the military discount. I’m interested in what POF will do for you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It absolutely deserved and needed to go back. A wobbly rail is a total no go, and the concept of simply changing out the rail is unsat. It should function from the factory. It sounds like you were having gas related issues, and that needed to be addressed by the factory as well.

Something wasn't right, but POF should take care of you without any problem. Keep us posted as to how it does when it gets back, and what they say they found wrong.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    POF sent the rifle back with the following disposition:

"Replaced gas block spring. Replaced bolt and carrier. Cleaned and lubed rifle. Test fired rifle. Sent video to Scott. Scott is calling customer about how to proceed. 2019-02-21 14:06:05
    Replaced carrier and test fired shot prone with pressure on to carrier. Sent video to customer. Frank DeSomma talked to customer. Ready to return to customer. 2019-03-11 07:56:05"

I'm not pleased with the rail, as it is simply flimsy and flexes enough to hit the gas block. That is part of the design, so although I think it's terrible, it is on me
    for buying the rifle that way. As to the bolt, carrier, and gas block, I will update after I test. If the rifle runs reliably, I'll put on a quality hand guard.

Feedback Score
    Any updated on the rifle MQ105? Really want this rifle and just not many real world reviews out there yet..........hope POF fixed it for you and this is not commonplace!

Feedback Score
    i have a revolution DI. i did as suggested by POF, thorough cleaning first, including chamber. then shot a bunch of ammo. it fed and shot everything other than fiocchi 150 grain. otherwise everything was great. for whatever reason the fiocchi 308 ammo just did not like this rifle. the federal, Remington and others with a variety of weights was flawless. about 300 rounds thru it so far and other than fiocchi, zero issues. smooth, easy to shoot and reliable with the ammo i am using. very very happy with it. the more i shoot it the better it becomes.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Update coming tomorrow evening...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Reliability is better, although it still doesn't want to to chamber the first round out of a full mag; the tip of the bullet hits and hangs on the receiver. This is the case with Lancer and P-Mag 20s, and P-Mag 30s. With the bolt and carrier replacement, the accuracy of different ammo has changed. Pak surplus went from 2.5 MOA to about 8! Malaysian surplus went from 4 MOA to 2 MOA. Lol. 168 FGMM and IMI 175 are about 1.5 MOA. (10 round groups @ 100m from a bi-pod with a 6x.)

They put longer screws in part of the hand guard attachment, which helped stop the rotation I was having. However, the rail itself flexes way too much and hits the gas block. I put on an ALG V3 I had sitting around, which is much more rigid.

Time and about 1k more rounds will tell.

To be continued...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast