Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock milling

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Primary Machine because they don’t have the crazy wait times some of these companies do, they do great work, and customer service is fantastic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    You've to do a little research about the subject and define what's important for you. The above mentioned recommendations include vendors that mill different depths of pockets, bosses vs no bosses, fit that may not take a replacement optic vs fit that most likely will, different turn around times etc. I've had work done by L&M, ATEI, Primary Machine and Maple Leaf, and all have their own specific little benefits and trade offs. The latter is my preferred vendor but it only reflects my own priorities.
    Maple leaf has some nice looking work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    Got a OEM Glock 19 Slide on the way as we speak. Looking for recommendations on full slide milling + rmr milling. Right now I'm really liking the Jagerwerks F9 package. Any other companies out there I should be aware of? This will be going with my polymer 80 lower. Not looking for anything with windows...

While were at it threaded barrel recommendations are welcome also.
    AEti for slide work - pro cut
    KKM for barrel

I think there are a lot of good options out there, but I’ve only used the above and can verify both are g2g.

Last edited by MegademiC; 02-07-19 at 10:03.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    Maple leaf has some nice looking work.
    Their quality is good, they do mill with bosses, their turn around time is half that of ATEI, and their pocket is the deepest of all pockets available. I specifically didn't want a pro-cut, my own albeit limited data doesn't suggest it matters and it may prevent a replacement install, so Maple Leaf is an easy choice for me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I jumped on Jagerwerks black Friday deal this past November for my 19. Love it but regret not doing the front serrations. The RMR being in the way of the factory serrations I find myself wanting to manipulate by handling the front of the slide now.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Received my G19 Gen 5 slide yesterday from ATEi.

M&P's

POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    For my M&P 1.0 ATEi installed an APEX gunsmith fit barrel and did the RMR cut to fit.

For a Glock I would use the KKM barrel and Doug at ATEi will do the RMR work should I decide to have work done on my G45.

I have the Mill to fit, not the universal cut. More expensive, but I like the work, fit and finish.

I also have the rear BUIS dovecut in front of the RMR.
    Last edited by RWH24; 02-07-19 at 16:21.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have no idea how they are to deal with or what their turn around time is but I am thinking of sending my slide out to Agency Arms for their AOS mounting plate setup.

I like the idea of the plates as new plates will be made to support new optics.

I like the idea of Agency's AOS system as you can get plates with the rear sight behind the MRDS or in front of it. I would like to try both to see which I like the best.

YMMV

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This is a very new system so not a lot of experience. Folks who went that route were quoted 6-8 weeks and then had to wait extra due to some coating issues.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    This is a very new system so not a lot of experience. Folks who went that route were quoted 6-8 weeks and then had to wait extra due to some coating issues.
    Are you talking about Agency's AOS system?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast