Thread: Mini fix by Q pistol?

Feedback Score

Mini fix by Q pistol?

Does anyone own a mini fix by Q and has anyone else heard of them releasing one in pistol form like the honey badger?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This doesn’t answer your question...but why would they do that?

What is the point of a bolt gun over an AR platform once you start talking about sub-16” barrels? I don’t get that at all. Frankly bolt guns don’t really come into their own over a semi with a good barrel till you get past at least 600...and who is doing that with an sbr/pistol length barrel?

I realize velocity does not equal accuracy and in fact that longer barrels can be more difficult to make equally accurate. But the potential difference at distances the the lack of velocity doesn’t really harm you at is minuscule and borderline irrelevant.

So, my guess is that you will never see that from them. I’m wrong all the time though....

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The mini-fix is a real thing, but I don't believe they have been or are for sale yet. And I haven't heard of them releasing one in pistol form.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    The mini-fix is a real thing, but I don't believe they have been or are for sale yet. And I haven't heard of them releasing one in pistol form.
    They've shown it on instagram, custom brace. looks cool

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 4.45.00 PM.jpg
    Last edited by CCK; 02-07-19 at 17:46.
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    They've shown it on instagram, custom brace. looks cool

Well I’ll be damned. I still don’t have see the point of it. I’ll grant that it does look cool.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    This doesn’t answer your question...but why would they do that?

What is the point of a bolt gun over an AR platform once you start talking about sub-16” barrels? I don’t get that at all. Frankly bolt guns don’t really come into their own over a semi with a good barrel till you get past at least 600...and who is doing that with an sbr/pistol length barrel?

I realize velocity does not equal accuracy and in fact that longer barrels can be more difficult to make equally accurate. But the potential difference at distances the the lack of velocity doesn’t really harm you at is minuscule and borderline irrelevant.

So, my guess is that you will never see that from them. I’m wrong all the time though....
    While not a bolt gun, Thompson Contenders have been around for decades as a similar concept. Remington sold the XP-100 for a long time as well that was a bolt and several other companies have sold similar pistols short term as well.