Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expance (SYFY show)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Agree to this as well but hearing Chrisgen talk is like nails on a chalkboard to me....
    For sure--she's had that very distinctive voice and I remember thinking that the first time I saw her on screen, which I think was in "24" where she played a terrorist.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Even many of the secondary characters are good, with good dialogue, character development, and good acting.

Examples:
    * Cotyar Ghazi, bodyguard for Chrisjen. Love the way they develop their friendship, and the banter between him, Chrisjen, and Bobbie.
    * Bobbie Draper, the Martian gunnery sergeant.
    Depending on how long they continue with the series, Bobbie will be much more than a secondary character.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    For sure--she's had that very distinctive voice and I remember thinking that the first time I saw her on screen, which I think was in "24" where she played a terrorist.
    Associate/relation of said terry, or maybe it was her son in the show- can't remember. The baddie that season of 24 was good ol' Habib Marwan. To this literal day, I can't help saying that guys name in her voice...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Just read the churn, great backstory on Amos. It’s a quick read at only 60 pages.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Who's been watching season 4? I have a feeling I'll be binge watching it this weekend.

Feedback Score
    I am forcing myself not to watch because my friends want to see it together. And with the Witcher comes out next week, that should be some good viewing til Christmas arrives.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I watched 3 episodes last night, kind of hoping they release the 4K soon....

So far off to a fantastic start, and Amos DOES NOT disappoint! He has some great one liners already.... “what was she wearing”...”want me to shoot SPOILER”...”I’m free right now”...”does this mean we aren’t F’ing anymore”..

Feedback Score
    My wife and I just discovered this about a week ago (after completing Jack Ryan). We are a few eps into season 2. Fantastic series! Very well written, very well acted. What surprises me most is that my wife is hooked. This kind of show is usually not her thing.

Firefly still gets top rating from me, but this is close. My one complaint - the dialogue is hard to follow (at least for us). Couple of times we’ve had to put CC on just to understand what was said. Might be our poor sound system, might be our older ears.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
    My wife and I just discovered this about a week ago (after completing Jack Ryan). We are a few eps into season 2. Fantastic series! Very well written, very well acted. What surprises me most is that my wife is hooked. This kind of show is usually not her thing.

Firefly still gets top rating from me, but this is close. My one complaint - the dialogue is hard to follow (at least for us). Couple of times we’ve had to put CC on just to understand what was said. Might be our poor sound system, might be our older ears.
    I'm always at a loss how anyone considered that show high quality SF. It was mildly enjoyable but not a one episode ever stuck out as great. Favorite episode was the lesbian one of course... I watched it because it was SF and the ladies were cute and such, but never got how that one ever gets listed as the favorite SF show for anyone. That one is a mystery to me, but I guess that's what makes horse racing as they say.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm always at a loss how anyone considered that show high quality SF. It was mildly enjoyable but not a one episode ever stuck out as great. Favorite episode was the lesbian one of course... I watched it because it was SF and the ladies were cute and such, but never got how that one ever gets listed as the favorite SF show for anyone. That one is a mystery to me, but I guess that's what makes horse racing as they say.
    Step out this thread before you get jumped.....

IT SHOULD GO WITHOUT SAYING but....

The show wasn’t Sci Fi. It was a Western set in a different era. Two veteran Space Confederates, an amoral mercenary, a naive mechanic, a space whore, a Preacher with a mysterious past, a tenderfoot doctor and his troubled baby sister sticking it to The Man trying to find the last free frontiers of space far from the Federal troops.

Serenity was sorta like the Wild Bunch.

Tread lightly, Pilgrim
    Last edited by Firefly; 12-13-19 at 10:47.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast