Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expance (SYFY show)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The Expance (SYFY show)

One reviewer said "It's Battlestar Galactica meets Game Of Thrones" and that's spot on. The Expanse is by far THE best made for TV SF for adults I have ever seen. I can't believe my SF loving brethren did not alert me to this show. I'm now middle of season 3, and wow. First season, like any show that of any show that will have various plots and sub plots, characters, etc, is setting up future seasons. It's good, but nothing to put it above other SF shows. Season 2-3 are off the charts good. Some scenes are, dare I say it, Blade Runner Good, which is the highest compliment I can pay to any movie or TV show, SF based or not...The dialogue ranges from good to great, character development ranges from good to great, plot, etc etc, never gets lower than good. Science and CGI, solid. There's real human depth to the characters and you care what happens to them, and some, such as Chrisjen Avasarala (vid below of her best moments) are as good as it gets. I love her character and the writers, director, etc really know how to get the best from her as an actor. Even if you're not an SF fan per se (which in my opinion means you lack imagination but never mind that...) you'll enjoy the Expanse on SYFY channel. Gets a very rare A+ from me.

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Jim Holden is a champion.

Remember the Cant.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been watching it from the get go. I like it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I've been watching it from the get go. I like it.
    Not sure how that one did not get on my radar till this late date, but I have power watched the 3 seasons over the last month. Proof modern TV does not have to suck!
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-show-to-watch

:P

Season 3 will be available streaming free through Prime Video starting tomorrow, as apparently Syfy likes to kill everything they make that's good. But Amazon has picked it up.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Loved both the the books and vid. The show is cast so well I kinda wish I’d read the books after the tv as my brain’s characters were not so cool. First time that’s happened.

The one niggling irk is Thomas Jane who I have long liked. Here he turns up the campy dial way too high. Still, his character is written well.

Dark Matter has a similar Firefly type show setting - ensemble cast with their own ship - that I’d rate a star under Expanse. Zoie Palmer and Torri Higginson are great. The rest of the cast is good except for Five, the obnoxious “Kid” playing 13-14 who is actually in her early twenties.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-show-to-watch

:P

Season 3 will be available streaming free through Prime Video starting tomorrow, as apparently Syfy likes to kill everything they make that's good. But Amazon has picked it up.
    1 and 2 and parts of 3 have been free. All of 3 will be win.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well I guess I should check it out.. Amazon Prime has it up to stream in 4K.
    Last edited by jmp45; 02-07-19 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    Loved both the the books and vid. The show is cast so well I kinda wish I’d read the books after the tv as my brain’s characters were not so cool. First time that’s happened.

The one niggling irk is Thomas Jane who I have long liked. Here he turns up the campy dial way too high. Still, his character is written well.
    Agreed, spots where I thought he dialed back tad too much for the scene, but still good stuff all around. James Holdon does not always play it as I think he should, but he's OK.

Dark Matter has a similar Firefly type show setting - ensemble cast with their own ship - that I’d rate a star under Expanse. Zoie Palmer and Torri Higginson are great. The rest of the cast is good except for Five, the obnoxious “Kid” playing 13-14 who is actually in her early twenties.
    But cancelled no? I don't wanna get into a short lived series that just leaves me hanging.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I liked Dark Matter too. When they cancelled it I was not happy. All that time put in to watch it, an enjoyable show and then *poof*. Right along the lines of Firefly. Continuum was the same.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast