Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expance (SYFY show)

Feedback Score
    Firefly and BSG were both filmed with something odd about the timing. It lends a frantic feel to the scenes/characters. If memory serves some of the Alien movies had the same feel. Cloverfield was the worse.

There has been very little SciFi that I found unwatchable. But I’m one of the few people who didn’t get a queasy feeling on the department’s $60,000 driving simulator.

Any love here for the Farscape series?
    Last edited by Gunnar da Wolf; 12-13-19 at 17:44.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Farscape? Hell yeah

Gigi Edgley was sex

Feedback Score
    Gigi Edgley’s character was sexy, but I was more a fan of Officer Aeryn Sun

f653d42f390fa79a8c0d2a7ac39a7da7.jpg

I seem to be attracted to angry women. It’s an affliction I have.

Season 4 Episode 1 of The Expanse finished. It does not disappoint.
    Last edited by Gunnar da Wolf; 12-13-19 at 19:00.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm always at a loss how anyone considered that show high quality SF....
    I've actually got to agree with this part. High quality? No. God no. Made even more low quality by the fact that they insisted their obvious current day firearms went "pew" instead of "bang".
    Like, I could have dealt with the rest of the low-budgetry, because the characters were kind of fun and I liked the whole "average joes just trying to make their way in the universe" vibe.
    But I just wanted to toss the tv every time there was a gunfight, or an obviously non-working prop-gun. It actually would have even HELPED the "monetarily challenged underdogs" vibe if they had "old" gear and other factions were better equipped, and it totally broke my immersion every time they chose not to....

Also, if you don't like BSG, you need to go back and watch the OG show with Boomer and Starbuck. THAT is where it's at... it's so cheesy you can't help not getting into it.

Like, I guess that's where I differ with these shows- the old stuff was low budget, but they owned it. The early-2000s tv sci-fi kept trying to pretend they had bigger budgets and better actors/content that they did, and it shows. Especially if you go back and watch it now, the early-00's stuff has NOT aged well....
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Season 4 starting off solid! Happy to see the crew back together.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    To be fair, what exactly do you want from Sci Fi?

I for one don’t look for lessons on philosophy nor human betterment. I just wanna see gunfights, sexy chicks, cool space ships, some one liners, and weird stuff.

I don’t want anything preachy or too far out. If it doesn’t resemble the Vietnam war or the Wild Bunch then it is lame. Star Trek is the worst show ever. It was too politically correct and dumb. Everybody wearing unisex clothes and bothering people. Lame.

The best Sci Fi template was the movie Heavy Metal. It had rock music, chicks, gunplay, and didn’t care

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The best Sci Fi template was the movie Heavy Metal. It had rock music, chicks, gunplay, and didn’t care
    Oh God! Now I gotta dig my Heavy Metal DVD out and watch it for the 14,000,023rd time.
    That will save me from binge watching The Expanse entire season in one evening.

Feedback Score
    Internet ND
    Last edited by Gunnar da Wolf; 12-13-19 at 21:03.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    My days of taking Will serious are certainly coming to a middle.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I really wish I could get into it! Something about the characters I just found wooden and unbelievable and I just couldn't get passed like first 3-4 episodes. I really wanted to like it.
    Will, if you haven't at least watched through Season 1 Episode 10 (Hand of God), you should watch that far before giving up on the series.

It has some of the best character development in the first season and a real turning point in the show (it also has one of the better battle sequences of the first season). By stopping at Ep 4 you're missing nearly everything good about season one.

Hand of God is the episode that got me hooked on BSG, at a point when I was considering giving up on it.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 12-13-19 at 21:39.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast