Back before Christmas I purchased a PA-10 lower half and then a PA-10 upper half. The upper half came straight to me and the lower half transferred to me through my FFL. I slapped them together and immediately noticed that there was the largest gap that I'd ever seen between the upper and lower receivers (at the vertical part is was about 2mm). In addition, the fit between the upper and lower was incredibly loose. In almost 30 years of handling/shooting AR type rifles, I've never seen one that approached being so loose. The hole in the rear lug of the upper was obviously egged. I installed a Aero Precision AR10 upper on the lower and it fit perfectly tight. So, I called PSA and they told me to send in the entire rifle. I provided a letter detailing the problem along with the rifle that I sent back. A couple of weeks later I received the rifle back exactly as it was with no explanation. I called to find out why they didn't fix the looseness and gap issues. I was told that it fired, so they consider it to be "within PSA tolerances". Of course I responded that I didn't realize PSA's tolerances were looser than industry tolerances. The lady I spoke with was nice. I explained to her that this was not acceptable and asked her to speak with her manager about the situation. She did and he said that I could return the upper half, but not the lower half since it had been transferred to me. Of course an upper half without a lower half doesn't work very well, so I again told her that that was not an acceptable solution. She asked him again and was told that's all they could do because the rifle does fire and the lower was transferred to me. I then upped the ante and told her that I had spent well over $10,000 with them over the past few years. I asked her to tell her manager if they don't take the lower half back too, that I will no longer purchase from them. She emailed me back and said that they would not take back the lower half. I now know where I stand with PSA. So, I returned the upper half, will never purchase from them again and now have a PA-10 lower half.

I could simply install an Aero Precision upper, but the cosmetics of it don't match with the lower at all. So all this to ask, is there an upper receiver from another manufacturer that matches cosmetically with the PA-10 lower half? My guess is that someone is making these for PSA and perhaps they sell their own uppers.