Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1 x 6 or Steiner 1 x 4 for new LE6920 Help

Feedback Score

Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1 x 6 or Steiner 1 x 4 for new LE6920 Help

Finally broke down and got an LE6920 at a decent price and now ready for an optic for it . Currently have a Vortex Spitfire and Strioke Eagle 1 x 6 I`ve been playing with and learning on , also several red dots ( Trijicon ), but want to go up the ladder some now .
    For those of you that have experience with the Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 , 1 x 6 and the Steiner PX4i 1 x 4 , what are , in your opinions , the pros and cons of each ?
    Gun will be used for classes , a go to gun for coyotes at my place in the mountains and something to introduce to my grandson soon .... he`s getting to the right age now .
    I`m not looking to reach out and touch something at 500 to 600 yards ..... yet. Most of the time , I`ll be 200 to 300 yards and under .
    Also plan to switch back and forth between the Colt, my BCM 16" Recce and a SOLGW 16" AR ...... all are 5.56 caliber.
    I believe the Vortex is in the $1300 range and the Steiner somewhat under that .
    All input welcome !

Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Px4i 1-4 and love it. I don’t shoot in the 500-600 yard range so I can’t give an opinion. I shoot 200 and in mostly and for that, the Steiner is hard to beat at the price point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sounds like the P4xi will fit your bill to a T. I have two. Love them.

If you really want the extra 2x you could consider the Viper PST Gen 2. Not much more than the Steiner. Half of the Razor.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 63Qcode View Post
    Finally broke down and got an LE6920 at a decent price and now ready for an optic for it . Currently have a Vortex Spitfire and Strioke Eagle 1 x 6 I`ve been playing with and learning on , also several red dots ( Trijicon ), but want to go up the ladder some now .
    For those of you that have experience with the Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 , 1 x 6 and the Steiner PX4i 1 x 4 , what are , in your opinions , the pros and cons of each ?
    Gun will be used for classes , a go to gun for coyotes at my place in the mountains and something to introduce to my grandson soon .... he`s getting to the right age now .
    I`m not looking to reach out and touch something at 500 to 600 yards ..... yet. Most of the time , I`ll be 200 to 300 yards and under .
    Also plan to switch back and forth between the Colt, my BCM 16" Recce and a SOLGW 16" AR ...... all are 5.56 caliber.
    I believe the Vortex is in the $1300 range and the Steiner somewhat under that .
    All input welcome !

Thanks
    Do you need a Gen II 1-6? Nah - the 1-4 you're looking at will do the job just fine and it costs less money so you can spend more on ammo for practice. Will it be really nice to have? Most definitely YOu should check out the PST Gen II 1-6x24 as well if the Razor interests you. A little easier for the wallet to digest as it's half the price as a Razor 1-6x with about 85-90% the performance. Sweet scope for the money!

Let us know if you have any specific questions for us. Either way, if these are your options you're in good shape

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexOptics View Post
    Do you need a Gen II 1-6? Nah - the 1-4 you're looking at will do the job just fine and it costs less money so you can spend more on ammo for practice. Will it be really nice to have? Most definitely YOu should check out the PST Gen II 1-6x24 as well if the Razor interests you. A little easier for the wallet to digest as it's half the price as a Razor 1-6x with about 85-90% the performance. Sweet scope for the money!

Let us know if you have any specific questions for us. Either way, if these are your options you're in good shape
    I haven't used the Viper PST yet, but since Vortex dropped the pricing on them, I think they'll give the P4Xi some serious competition unless the weight or dimensions are too much. The Steiner is fantastic for the money, the Razor is just plain fantastic.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a P4XI in an ADM extended scout mount and really like it and so far have only used it from 225 yards and in. Eye box is good, glass is clear, works well in low light, red dot is bright while not being hard on batteries.

Magnification ring is fairly stiff with a long arc from 1x to 4x so some sort of lever is handy.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 02-09-19 at 09:05.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The PST Gen 2 1-6x24 is amazing at the price point.

Feedback Score
    The Steiner P4Xi 1-4X has no downsides. I've shot USPSA-sized steel targets all the way to 600 yards, and 12 x 12 plates all the way to 500 with it on 4X. The reticle is perfectly usable without illumination unless it's getting really dark and its BDC is accurate enough for its intended use (it's not a precision scope, duh...). The optics are crystal clear, near perfect at 1X, and the illuminated dot absolutely, positively daylight bright even on a sunny, snow covered landscape.

It's also noticeably lighter than either of the two 1-6X Vortex scopes.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I haven't used the Viper PST yet, but since Vortex dropped the pricing on them, I think they'll give the P4Xi some serious competition unless the weight or dimensions are too much. The Steiner is fantastic for the money, the Razor is just plain fantastic.
    Just ordered the viper pst 2 since dsgarms lowered the price to below $500 for LEO. Consequently the price on the p4xi went up to $500. I got lucky and got my p4xi for half that with a MI qd mount used since the previous owner painted it. Love the p4xi just having trouble getting the reticle to line up with my ballistics on my reloads.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 63Qcode View Post
    All input welcome !

Thanks
    IMO the Steiner has a more accurate (to the actual POI) than the Razor but in every other category outside of weight the Razor II-E is a better optic. Both are solid performers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast