Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1 x 6 or Steiner 1 x 4 for new LE6920 Help

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ....and the Steiner

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My son had both of them for a short time. He said the Steiner at 4x and the Vortex at 6X were very close in apparent magnification. He preferred the Steiner edege to edge clarity better and sold the Vortex. Could have been the individual scopes, but that was what he thought.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Do by chance have the subtension data for the Steiner?

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Just ordered the viper pst 2 since dsgarms lowered the price to below $500 for LEO. Consequently the price on the p4xi went up to $500. I got lucky and got my p4xi for half that with a MI qd mount used since the previous owner painted it. Love the p4xi just having trouble getting the reticle to line up with my ballistics on my reloads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post

Send me your load data, zero distance, optic height over bore and barrel length and I can run it for you.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have strelok pro and have been playing with the numbers. I think there is a weather varible that keeps messing with me. I compete with a 14.5 bcm and get 2800fps with hornady 55 fmjbt. It seems like the round drops fast for the reticle. It is mounted in a MI 1.93 height mount and zeroed at 200 yds.

Feedback Score
    Guys , thanks for the comments/suggestions . I`m planning on ordering the Steiner PX4I and mount tomorrow . Hope to have it in around the end of the week and ready for some range time by this weekend . Plan on trying it on all three AR`s to see which set up works best for me .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post

https://www.steiner-optics.com/sites...ure%209-17.pdf

Page 5, P3TR reticle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    I have strelok pro and have been playing with the numbers. I think there is a weather varible that keeps messing with me. I compete with a 14.5 bcm and get 2800fps with hornady 55 fmjbt. It seems like the round drops fast for the reticle. It is mounted in a MI 1.93 height mount and zeroed at 200 yds.
    BDC reticles are never exact. They are not precision reticles. They are "minute of man" / "close enough is good enough" reticles. You can run several scenarios adjusting the zero distance for your particular round to see how close you can get overall but it will always be a compromise. If precision aiming is what you want, you bought the wrong tool.

If you want exact, get a scope with stadia lines subtending every .5 MOA or .2 milliradians and turrets that adjust in the same units as the reticle subtentions; and work out a dope chart for the atmospherics/elevation at the time of the shot.
    Last edited by Don Quijote; 02-11-19 at 05:24.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I just want it close enough that a 600 yard shot is not so far away from the 600 hash mark. I do compete in run and guns where they have some shots that far. My swfa 1-4s have 10 mils of hashes I can use. Just ordered a viper pst gen 2 1-6 and that one has about 8 so that may be my new longer range scope. Steiner figures their bdc reticle to a super high velocity that makes real world barrel lengths fall flat. Just need the rounds close enough to the hashes that I can hit a 12-14" circle.

May just use it for the 300 yd and less matches I go to and use the viper 1-6 on my 16" bcm upper for the longer matches. I have a 20" I can use but that only comes out when I have to make weight for a certain division.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 02-11-19 at 07:05.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast