Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Military buys Barrett MRAD?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Frank Green from Bartlein barrels has stated 1000 rounds. Of course, YMMV.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I'm starting to lose track of all the different precision rifles in DoD. And now a new cartridge?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-barrett-mrad/
    The MRAD pictured there is a variant I have not seen yet on the commercial market. Looks like MLOK at least at the 3,6, and 9 o clock on the handguard, as well as a redesigned buttstock.

MRAD is a nice platform, and is easy to shoot well. The polymer receiver inserts really remove the need for lube of any kind beyond the trigger parts and maybe the locking lugs. The main thing I do not like about mine is that the barrel sleeve crossbolts require 140 ft/lbs, which makes it easy to damage the torx bolts, and the buttstock on older generations is designed specifically to accomodate a picatinny bipod so does not ride a rear bag as well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I read that article and one would think if you have a 300WM you must be shooting slow 3 MOA cartridges. We push 225 grain ELD X's at 2883 fps. And shooting half inch groups. If I get a larger cartridge it will be 338LM, I guess in old school and fight such nominal performance increases. And I confess Im invested deeply in 300WM so it makes it harder for me to bite on the new PRC.

I would take one of those bad ass MRADS, I have lusted over those for years.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12