Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $375 22lr build!!

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Vegas;2705655]The one I looked at was $270 with free shipping. Buy one of their $100 lowers with standard stock. You are only out transfer fee and tax if applicable.

But you are than stuck with the option of only shooting 22lr.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just did a very similar build to use some take off parts up that I had lying around. I have about 20 cmmg conversion mags so it seemed like a good plan.

I bought a used lightweight barrel off a Bushmaster Carbon 15 complete with gas block and tube for $30. I used an ugly painted upper of unknown origin to mount it along with a used UTG Pro rail from a buddy who upgraded recently.

The lower is a Spikes that was cerakoted in a particularly violent shade of electric blue for a guy who then decided he didn't want it....Shop sold it to me for $20. I used scrounged lpk parts- take offs etc to build it. The buffer is a take off standard unit, the tube came from God knows where but is milspec diameter a takeoff LWRC buttstock finished it off. I have less than $100 new money in it including a couple new cans of Krylon to make it all a little more uniform.

Just got it finished last week but too cold to hit the range yet!
    Last edited by Esq.; 02-10-19 at 06:18.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Nice rifle! I like the camo paint job you did.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Any accuracy issues shooting .22lr through a 1/7 barrel? I have an older CMMG kit but stopped using it after SBR'd that rifle and put a new barrel on.

Was thinking of building a new upper with a real .22lr barrel but I like the option of using it for 5.56 if I wanted.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Any accuracy issues shooting .22lr through a 1/7 barrel? I have an older CMMG kit but stopped using it after SBR'd that rifle and put a new barrel on.

Was thinking of building a new upper with a real .22lr barrel but I like the option of using it for 5.56 if I wanted.
    Always an interesting possibility. I have used both 1/12 and 1/9 barrels without any issues with the CMMG kits. Never tried it with a 1/7 though....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12