Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $375 22lr build!!

Feedback Score

$375 22lr build!!

I wanted to see how cheap I could build an AR15 that I could use a 22lr bolt conversion in. So here is the result of my frugalness.....

Upper Anderson $35
    Lower Ruger Free
    LPK Anderson $35
    Anderson 14.5" barrel with brake and gas block & tube $60
    Anderson rail $40
    PSA buffer tube & Magpul stock $60
    CMMG Bravo 22lr conversion $145

Taking her out tomorrow. Not bad for a 22lr build, its also nice to know I can throw my regular BCG in it and shoot 5.56! That is a custom spray paint job I did this afternoon, Rustoleum camo.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Let us know if it runs. A buddy picked up the CMMG 22lr upper and that thing is a joy to shoot.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That's cheap alright. It's nice not having to keep switching all that CMMG conversion stuff out of your regular upper. If I could find those parts that cheap I would do it too.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Seems like you could have done this with a dedicated PSA .22 upper for around the same price. Albeit it you wouldn't have that fancy Magpul stock. How do those conversion kits run?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Haven't shot mine in a good while but it worked very well. I always have some issue with .22lr at some point. A round that just doesn't want to play right. Other than that, mine ran very well. No issues at all basically. That is if you mean the CMMG.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thanks. I was referring to the CMMG, yeah. Good to know. I took a long break from .22 when I sold everything post ammo scare. Bought a 10/22 last year so might pick up a .22 AR for fun at some point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Seems like you could have done this with a dedicated PSA .22 upper for around the same price. Albeit it you wouldn't have that fancy Magpul stock. How do those conversion kits run?
    Their 22 uppers alone are as much as I paid to build the entire rifle. I also have the option to shoot 5.56 through it!

SORRY for the crappy pics, how do I post larger pics?
    Last edited by Smpr Fi; 02-09-19 at 20:11.

Feedback Score
    I took it out today and shot about 200 rounds through it, mostly Federal 550 bulk and a little Thunderbolts. I had zero malfunctions with the Federal, 2 malfunctions with the Thunderbolts. Accuracy was OK, but I expected that with cheap bulk ammo. I am going out tomorrow and trying CCI Mini-Mag's and Federal AutoMatch. I will be testing for accuracy.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smpr Fi View Post
    Their 22 uppers alone are as much as I paid to build the entire rifle. I also have the option to shoot 5.56 through it!

SORRY for the crappy pics, how do I post larger pics?
    The one I looked at was $270 with free shipping. Buy one of their $100 lowers with standard stock. You are only out transfer fee and tax if applicable.

I use imgur to host pictures. They have a copy paste link specifically for forums for each picture. Copy and paste it into the body of the forum post. Hey presto!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast