Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Going back to carrying a BUG

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I'm guilty of the same...twice. Bought my wife a 642 that she hated, she doesn't shoot anything now. Bought a 340M&P for myself, sold it after a whole three rounds!
    I am too
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I am too
    My wife started with a gp100 4 in. Not hard to shoot but too big to carry. Then we got her an sp101. She carried that. Then the LCR .357 came out. She liked it far better. No sharp edges, better trigger, lighter. Absorbs recoil better than the lighter, .38 lcr version. (I've had both)

Now while she's good with it the recoil does wear her down and 50 rds is about her limit. So we got one in .327 Fed and it's much more pleasant to shoot with .32 S&W Longs. The .32 magnums recoil less than .38 but bark with authority. She can shoot this one all day and it also holds 6 instead of 5.

Highly recommend it to the non-gun enthusiast who wants a handgun. At least if they are willing to spend over $500 for one.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    See what Ken Null can do for you time wise, he is one of the old school world class leather artisans just like Lou Alessi was and his ankle rig is the same style as the Alessi.
    FYI, I gave Ken Null a call and he said he was working on an ankle rig for someone else for the same weapon (442) and could have one to me in a week and half to two weeks. Pretty dang fast for a quality leather product so I went for it, that was 3/6, I report back when it arrives.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    So, an update to my situation:

SeriousStudent graciously sent me a Desantis Apache and a Galco Ankle Rig to try. The Apache hurt, and I wasn't a fan of the Galco. Forum member Mr. Clean sold me a new Galco Ankle Glove at a way reduced cost. I ended up REALLY liking it. I carry my 642, with new Apex spring kit, in it. It is comfortable, secure, and holds my wheelgun all day.

I generally make one to two arrests per shift, so I have to secure my 642 at least once per shift. It comes out very easily, goes back in just as well, and stays hidden unless I sit cross legged. I am very pleased with it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Alessi alert !

I was a fan of the Alessi product when Lou was alive. Their wait was long but manageable and you always get what you ordered. When Lou left this world, Tom Kulwicki took over the shop. Again, their wait was long but they delivered. Then Tom passed away and the current business is run by who knows. It seems that they now share space with a gun store/indoor range. I've heard of phone calls not answered, emails ignored and products not delivered.

If someone actually received their order from the current Alessi company RECENTLY, please step forward, prove me wrong.

Alessi used to have a booth at SHOT. They didn't show up this year. Beware of this if you place an order.

I ordered a holster from them last spring, after 5 months I called the range they are located at. I was told it was being worked on and it would be in my hands in two weeks. Three months later it showed up. The next time I need a leather holster I will place an order from Ritchie Leather. http://www.ritchieholsters.com/ Same holsters and same process as Alessi as far as I can tell. Will see if the business practices are improved.

Feedback Score
    I agree with the Galco ankle holster, carry a Glock 43 daily in one, forget it is even there...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567