Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going back to carrying a BUG

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Going back to carrying a BUG

I started carrying a 642 years ago as a BUG on my vest, then stopped. Then carried a G43 on my vest, and again stopped.

Now, I have the itch again, but to try ankle carry this time as I just did not like vest carry.

I am looking at either the LCR or 442.

I found this 442 PC on GB...can this low price for a PC gun be legit?
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/798966205

What ankle carry holsters do you recommend?
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 02-09-19 at 03:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I started carrying a 642 years ago as a BUG on my vest, then stopped. Then carried a G43 on my vest, and again stopped.

Now, I have the itch again, but to try ankle carry this time as I just did not like vest carry.

I don't want to spend much, $400 is the top of my budget.

I am looking at either the LCR or 442. The LCR has the better trigger of the two, but is it better quality?

I found this 442 PC on GB...can this low price for a PC gun be legit?
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/798966205

What do you guys think?
    Ha! That my LGS! They're legit. They get a lot of good deals and as far as I know all their auctions start at a penny. The owner buys in bulk and then sells cheap(er). They had FN 509s for $380ish just before the holidays

Just wanted to add that I'm in no way affiliated with them. I've been buying from them for over a decade. The owner is a good guy, although not really a gun guy, he doesn't play games or screw people over. During the panics he never raised prices, typically gives good trade in value and fair prices overall

https://m.facebook.com/TannersSportCenter/
    Last edited by Arik; 02-09-19 at 00:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree with Arik....Tanner's is legit. They are about 45 minutes from me and I have found many great deals there. As far as an ankle holster, I have tried many and now only buy the Galco Ankle Glove.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I try pretty hard to always carry a BUG but will admit I often don't. Just hard some days to strap on the full Batman Belt O' EDC Crap....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for posting this. I was looking at the same gun somewhere else online, price varies from $379 to $399 every week or two on that site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Galco ankle glove is a nice piece.
    Last edited by Caribe; 02-10-19 at 16:16.

Feedback Score
    Whatever ankle rig you go with, make sure you spend the extra money and get one with nice padding on the backside. I used to ankle carry for a long time, and it can cause damage to the leg if you don't get one with the proper padding between your leg and the gun.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I used the ankle glove on patrol for a year or so before going inside. The Velcro held up fine, and it never felt like it was going to come loose. The padding was also good, and the whole package is still going strong. Couple things to keep in mind, though:
    - I didn’t have a lot of fights or foot chases in my time wearing it, then I went inside and ultimately got promoted out of the possibility of working the street anymore, so it went relatively untested. I did wear it religiously for 2 years while working inside in a class a uniform; few other carry options work in this regard.
    - I wore it over socks with shoes or low boots most of the time. If you wear boots any higher than ankle height, it might ride funny, or require you to wear it at more of a calf height, which might not be good for access. If you wear it over a boot, you might be pushing the Velcro. If high/ thick boots are a possibility (if like me, you work in snow), then a holster that pairs with your boot via the laces might be a good winter option
    - Consider how the ankle carry method would work in a ground fighting/ defense situation. Maybe or maybe not depending on your training or options. Personally, I’m very comfortable fighting off of my back, and an ankle holster can potentially put the gun closer to my attacker than to my grip. Problem was, there are very few j frame holsters that work with my external vest, so it was ankle or nothing.

Good on you for carrying a BUG.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have always been a fan of the Alessi. It's expensive, and an investment. But it's also the one that never gives me any issues.

https://www.alessigunholsters.com/al...h-wesson-guns/

I carry a 340PD on the left ankle when I wear an ankle gun, but usually have a 342 in the left front pocket as a BUG.

If you decide you want to resell the Alessi, you will almost certainly get your money back on the secondary market. That's a plus, and an indicator of the quality.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What is a BUG please?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast