Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Going back to carrying a BUG

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Please, please, please stick to your lane.

Did you ever consider that carrying a spare pistol is carrying a spare magazine - you are just wrapping another pistol around it as a protective coating?

And that's a rhetorical question, since we had to explain to you what a BUG actually is in post number 11. Sigh.

Amazing as it sounds, it's entirely possible to grip a BUG in one's offside pocket, and present a lower profile. I know, I've been doing that for a couple of decades. All the while carrying a Glock 19 primary on my strong side.

Please depart from this thread, and trouble us no further.

Please read more and post less. Honestly. Or don't, and get voted off the island.
    I like your style.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's like an AK, just have to move the front sight over a little!

Seriously though how does something like that leave the factory? They're turning into Taurus!!!!

My first and only 642 wasn't straight either but still better than that. Ended up trading it towards a 62 Highway Patrolman.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    It's like an AK, just have to move the front sight over a little!

Seriously though how does something like that leave the factory? They're turning into Taurus!!!!

My first and only 642 wasn't straight either but still better than that. Ended up trading it towards a 62 Highway Patrolman.
    It's certainly mind blowing, especially from a "performance center" gun. I'll be honest, the trigger didn't feel much better than a stock 442 and the cylinder release was sloppy. Tanners has already mailed out a replacement, which they said they checked before shipping. And I'm not out any extra money except for the few gallons of gas spent driving twice to the gun store.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Please read more and post less. Honestly. Or don't, and get voted off the island.
    Thank you, it's like a stream of mental retardation the last couple of months.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    It's certainly mind blowing, especially from a "performance center" gun. I'll be honest, the trigger didn't feel much better than a stock 442 and the cylinder release was sloppy. Tanners has already mailed out a replacement, which they said they checked before shipping. And I'm not out any extra money except for the few gallons of gas spent driving twice to the gun store.
    I'm beginning to think that PC doesn't mean what it used to. Seems like today it's the equivalent of adding pin stripes and shiny badges on a car and calling it a "sport" model. The new Toyota RAV4's "off road" model is different wheels, fancier moldings and a slightly higher stance! Still nothing "off road" about it. I have a feeling that Performance Center is essentially the same thing. Pimp shine and call it "performance"!!!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I'm beginning to think that PC doesn't mean what it used to. Seems like today it's the equivalent of adding pin stripes and shiny badges on a car and calling it a "sport" model. The new Toyota RAV4's "off road" model is different wheels, fancier moldings and a slightly higher stance! Still nothing "off road" about it. I have a feeling that Performance Center is essentially the same thing. Pimp shine and call it "performance"!!!
    I'm assuming the same thing at this point. As a custom 1911 guy, it's funny to see what certain shops pass off as custom or semi-custom these days.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Well this was disappointing...

I like my Kimber K6s more every day.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Alessi alert !

I was a fan of the Alessi product when Lou was alive. Their wait was long but manageable and you always get what you ordered. When Lou left this world, Tom Kulwicki took over the shop. Again, their wait was long but they delivered. Then Tom passed away and the current business is run by who knows. It seems that they now share space with a gun store/indoor range. I've heard of phone calls not answered, emails ignored and products not delivered.

If someone actually received their order from the current Alessi company RECENTLY, please step forward, prove me wrong.

Alessi used to have a booth at SHOT. They didn't show up this year. Beware of this if you place an order.

I have actually heard similar but didn't want to post it as it was unsubstantiated, I think I'll consider your post to be a confirmation. Too bad.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    That stinks.

The last four revolvers I've bought new were Rugers. All straight.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    That stinks.

The last four revolvers I've bought new were Rugers. All straight.
    I almost bought the LCR. Part of me wishes I had. If the 442 doesn't work out. I'll pick up a Ruger.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast