Thread: Canik TP9 "Elite Combat"

Feedback Score

Canik TP9 "Elite Combat"

So, has anyone felt "Elite" enough to buy one of these? I believe the original MSRP was something like $850, and now I've seen them in the $650 range.

http://www.canikusa.com/tp9-elite-combat/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    So, has anyone felt "Elite" enough to buy one of these? I believe the original MSRP was something like $850, and now I've seen them in the $650 range. http://www.canikusa.com/tp9-elite-combat/
    That looks like a heck of a package for $650. Might have to look into one of those.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    So, has anyone felt "Elite" enough to buy one of these? I believe the original MSRP was something like $850, and now I've seen them in the $650 range.

http://www.canikusa.com/tp9-elite-combat/
    A few weeks ago, there was a sale for $595. Just gotta wait for the next sale if you're really going to do it

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I paid 625 for mine a bit back.

So far it has been a great shooter. Probably only have 4 or 500 rounds though it but no malfunctions except that it won't lock back on the last round with 20 round Magazines. My biggest complaint so far is the thread pitch on the barrel.

Considering the upgrades you get and what all comes in the box it is hard to beat. But of course only time will tell if it holds up like a Glock, S&W, etc.

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    A couple other things of note.

The mags are 15 round not 14 rounds. Not sure why it lists them as 14. And you can get the +3 extensions and springs easily.

The RDS plates are thicker than they really need to be. I wish they were a bit lower to allow for lower mounting of the RDS.

I wish it had Night sights instead of Fiber Optics. But since I am running the RDS this is a non issue.

It is more accurate than I am. I can't speak for the normal Canik guns but this one with the SAI barrel is great.

Trigger is one of, if not the best out of box triggers I have ever had on a polymer gun. And that includes the P10-C and PPQ.

This has become my bedside gun. And may make its way into my carry rotation at some point.

Except for the barrel threading pitch, all my complaints are nit picky. And honestly even that wouldn't be a big deal if I could get an adapter for my suppressor. But Oh well. Guess I just need a new 9mm Can.. Oh darn.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Which Trijicon is that?

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Which Trijicon is that?
    Generation 1 RM06

Feedback Score
    There are guys who claim 10,000 rounds or more through their Caniks and they're still holding up well. So at any rate they're probably better than Taurus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe the Turks can make an excellent firearm. I just won't be buying any.