Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HK PSP/P7 Sickness!!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I got lucky and found a P7 PSP a few years ago that had been refinished. I traded a Leupold CQT, that I got for free, and $100 for it. Fun little pistol. I had always wanted one because it was mentioned in a Dick Marcinko book I read as a kid. I just need a holster for it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I had a PSP that I really liked, except for an annoying "tick" in the trigger pull. It was probably correctable but I never got around to it. During a gun poor period I sold it and always wish I hadn't.

If I were to run across one of these at a reasonable market price, I'd be hard pressed to keep myself from making it happen.

What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantee View Post
    but they do have amazing triggers, very accurate, & mine have been staggeringly reliable.
    My favorite P7 story

And a word on 9mm ammo in a P7. The US Park Police complained that their P7s were jamming so HK bought 10,000 rounds of the ammo the Park Police was using, standard 115 gr., Remington 9mm ball, took a new P7 and proceeded to shoot the daylights out of it. It get very boring shooting 10,000 rounds all at once.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    My favorite P7 story

And a word on 9mm ammo in a P7. The US Park Police complained that their P7s were jamming so HK bought 10,000 rounds of the ammo the Park Police was using, standard 115 gr., Remington 9mm ball, took a new P7 and proceeded to shoot the daylights out of it. It get very boring shooting 10,000 rounds all at once.
    We were not shooting Remington 115 gr. It was Ultamax reloads in Remington brass that someone long before me ordered to save money. I still have many cases because you can’t get through a 50 round box without a kaboom. It was used as regular training ammo. I blew one of the grip panels off my issues pistol shooting the Ultramax.

I will say the M13 mags were picky. The follower rides in a grove in the mag body. When we dropped our mags on the ground during emergency reloads they were useless if you got a grain of sand in it.

As for the 10,000 round test, I would like to see how long that would take because of the heat and the carbon buildup on the piston. In a controlled environment the P7 was amazing. The average patrol officer that never lubes his pistol and shows up to quals with lint and donut dust caked around the firing pin collar would not get to 10,000.

I will say the P7 will continue to extract and eject with the extractor missing. Someone I was qualifying with launched their extractor during the qual course and didn’t realize it until cleaning their guns afterwards.

I sent all but a few of our M8’s and M13’s out for destruction a few years ago. David

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    I sent all but a few of our M8’s and M13’s out for destruction a few years ago. David
    You make me sad...

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I managed to pick one of the LEO trade in PSP guns years ago and had it refinished by Robar in Electroless Nickle. I don't shoot it very often but it is one of the few pistols I will never sell due to the "unusual and useful" attributes. It is just a unique piece I enjoy having around. A nice trigger and good accuracy don't hurt either.

Last edited by bnanaphone; 02-15-19 at 19:48. Reason: Spelling is crucial

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post

Yet another piece of Bill Clinton legacy that just won't die.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm still Down with the P7 Sickness........

I've tried countless times to kick the habit. An M8 or M13 is still my EDC.

Greg.....find your way back to the darkside
    Last edited by raydoctor; 02-21-19 at 09:38.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I've found myself looking at gun broker ads damn it!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I cannot confirm or deny I drunk clicked "buy it now" a P7M8 on gunbroker last night.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast