Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FN 509?

Feedback Score
    -snip
    Last edited by Talon762; 10-07-21 at 23:50.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I had two FNX and I loved them. I never had much interest in their striker guns but this gun seems pretty nice.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The 509 Midsize I have addresses all the issues I had with the full size. Most of the trigger grit is gone, the extended mag release works equally well from either side, and the enlarged slide catch works much better.

I don't have any trigger time yet, but as of right now I prefer it to my CZ P10C and VP9.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    My next toy will be the Beretta APX however I will wait a few month before getting 1, have read that many/tons of the APXs were made in Maryland before Beretta moved to Tn. I had hoped to get 1 made in Italy but no luck on that!

Sadly Beretta had so many issues with the M9A3s they make in Tn. I will be very "Cautious" about getting a Beretta made in Tn. till they get their act together.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    So I finally got some trigger time on the 509 Midsize and it didn't disappoint. It has less muzzle rise, presumably due to the lighter yellow spring. Much better than the VP9 and on par with the CZ P10C. Compared to the CZ, it easily wins due to the better mag release and slide catch. The grip isn't as abrasive as the CZ but still plenty grippy.

The 509 trigger pulls at about 6.5# which is heavier than the others and has a bit more creep. However, the smoother, wider, and flatter trigger face of the 509 balances out what would feel like a worse trigger on the other two.
    Last edited by Waylander; 04-14-19 at 19:42.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    So I finally got some trigger time on the 509 Midsize and it didn't disappoint. It has less muzzle rise, presumably due to the lighter yellow spring. Much better than the VP9 and on par with the CZ P10C. Compared to the CZ, it easily wins due to the better mag release and slide catch. The grip isn't as abrasive as the CZ but still plenty grippy.

The 509 trigger pulls at about 6.5# which is heavier than the others and has a bit more creep. However, the smoother, wider, and flatter trigger face of the 509 balances out what would feel like a worse trigger on the other two.
    Thanks for the reply. I still haven’t had a chance. I sold my CZ P10, because I liked the Glock 19 better. When I get some trigger time behind the 509, I’ll provide my thoughts.

I did look at a Vickers Glock (Gen 5 G19) by Wilson Combat at my LGS. I may send 1-2 guns to them for the modifications. I really liked the Tango Down trigger.

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by TRD; 08-16-21 at 09:25. Reason: Didn't see thread posted on this w/LAPD use

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I want another brand of “go to” 9 mm striker fired pistol so I have something else just besides a glock. I think it’s important to become familiar with other guns and not just always use one brand.

The next time I stop by a Point Blank in Indy, I’ll see if they have one to rent, specifically the new midsized model. I was not impressed by the FNX 9, but the 509 gave me pause when I took it apart at my LGS.

Thanks everyone. More comments/experiences are welcomed.
    I get the concept you are driving at. But if the premise is to learn a different system I don't quite understand how another polymer striker fired duty pistol broadens your horizons. I agree with the rationale which is why I have a double action Beretta and have been spending time with wheel guns and 1911s. They are significantly more different than my Glocks then what you are contemplating.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12