Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Let’s talk power tools

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    I’m sure their moving blankets are probably ok.
    Believe it or not, I’ve actually been reading a lot of good reviews about their generators & their knockoff Pelican cases.
    I have to admit I go into HF on a regular basis - I find them pretty good for stuff like hex keys and for trying stuff you really don't know if you want to sink a fortune into - I bought my first bead blaster and air brush compressor to apply MolyResin from HF.

I've also prepped over 2 tons of brass using a HF concrete mixer which I originally bought to lay down the sidewalks to the garage and back shop. I run the brass 5 gallon buckets to the load for 3 hours a shot.

HF tools can be pretty cost effective if you keep to the simple stuff.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    By the same token, Bushmaster ought to be more than good enough to have in your gun safe along with a HiPoint for the occasional problem inside 25 yards. Good enough for the non-professional, right?
    Probably why the avg person doesn't see a difference...yes! However, my life doesn't depend on a power tool. If I need to drill a hole in the wall to hang something it has no bearing on my life. Same reason why I don't buy $200 pens, instead cheap bulk pack for $10.

If we're comparing rifles directly to power tools.....in 2006 when I bought my house I bought a bunch of power tools to install my own flooring. Table saw, miter saw, and a couple others. Took me a couple weeks to the job. A little bit after work and all the weekends. Saws were used only when it I was putting the boards down around the walls. Since then I haven't touched them. Haven't needed too. That would be the equivalent of buying a Bushmaster, using for a weekend or two and not touching it again for 13 years?!? In that case a Bushmaster and a HiPoint is more than good enough.

That's why I said....it depends on how often you're going to use it
    Last edited by Arik; 02-12-19 at 07:14.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Reading comprehension fail? I said I have a harbor freight AND random name brands. The key word there was AND!

Having said that I have no idea the name of the drills. I'd have to go look for them. Neither did I say I use them daily. In fact I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I use them only WHEN something needs fixing! Last time I remember using one of the drills was a year and a half ago when helping my sister move. So in 15 years is it possible to use a product 6 - 12 times without breaking it?
    You are correct.. I missed "AND". Sorry. If you run across the drills that are 15 years old and still working let us know. I have never worn out a cordless tool but I have never seen a battery hold up that long.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    HF is also good for the small disposable stuff like step bits and drill bits. If you are drilling stuff like poured concrete door frames, the concrete will eat your good bits up, but who cares if you burn these up, they are cheap.

Now I do own a set of quality German made cobalt drill set and step-bit set from RUKO. Very nice. The spiral fluted cobalt step-bits are excellent!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    You are correct.. I missed "AND". Sorry. If you run across the drills that are 15 years old and still working let us know. I have never worn out a cordless tool but I have never seen a battery hold up that long.
    My 1st Gen Makita Li-ion hammer drill is going on about 13 years now. This thing was abused because I used it for work ( I am talking drilling 1/2 to 3/4 inch holes in concrete, over 1' deep - I killed this thing). The gearbox had to be replaced in the 1st year on a factory design issue, no charge to me, but I know for a fact that the repeated concrete drilling is what really broke it (or sped up the design issue). The chuck works but doesn't click in to place like it used to, the replaced gearbox I can tell isn't what it used to be, but I can do any ordinary things around the house. I wont use it for hammer drill use anymore, that would be asking too much and speed up its inevitable demise. I have their cordless rotary hammer for that anyway. Way faster and less noisy (no high pitch scream). The newer model drills don't have the 3 speeds like this old one does, it had a really low and a very fast high. Maybe that was the design problem they couldn't really get past so they went back to a 2 speed with the newer ones...lol.
    Attachment 55921
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 02-12-19 at 08:18.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345