Thread: vltor a5 questions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

vltor a5 questions.

My pistol build so far consists of a SOLGW 10.5 556 upper and will be suppressed, I will have a law folder and an A5 kit.
    Vltor tells me the law extension piece adds 2oz to the buffer weight, My A5 kit i got from solgw came with a green sprinco spring, and I opted for an A5h3 buffer.
    I feel this will be too much buffer weight, approximately 8.08oz in total with the law folder.

Would this (A5H3+green spring) work better in a 16" 556 mid length?
    Vltor tells me the A5 buffer kit pieces wont work with existing A5 buffers(for whatever reason), I am currently using a "bcm" carbine RE kit on my 16" and its smooth but i've been told I should have a heavier buffer.

I just don't like having extra parts around, I like to use all my parts before I start another build.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Take whatever you have in your possession and see how it shoots. I don't own anything from SOLGW to know how they usually gas their guns. I don't own a LAW folder. I use the A5 and green springs on everything and honestly the guns function from a5h0-a5h3 suppressed to un-suppressed. Some are suited better for certain guns, but they all function(I.E. my 11.5 suppressed gun still ejects and loads rounds with the h0). Take it out and see if what you have works for you.

I'm pretty sure the only gun I have a a5h3 on, now, is the 11.5 that I may not be able to remove the suppressor from. I haven't tried in a few k rounds, fwiw.