Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Why won't Magpul make different colored Pmags?

Feedback Score
    Actually, I really like the MCT color, I just wish MCT furniture was available.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrflyer View Post
    Actually, I really like the MCT color, I just wish MCT furniture was available.
    Same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Glad I bought a dozen or so OD Green ones and ranger plates when I did.

I hear ya..I have a dozen or more OD green mags to match the stuff on my one rifle then I bought some OD Lancers as well. Going forward i will just break out the Krylon as it holds up on the USGI mags i have.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Why not? Anybody know?
    What Reptilia said, and...

Because a massive number of people have ideas about what manufacturers should offer, and a much smaller number actually put money on the counter when it's available.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah I'm findin' the black ones locally very cheap, 8 or 9 bucks each.

I paint 'em and number 'em all anyway.

Feedback Score
    Seems like they used to make more colors. There was an orange one, and I think there was an Olive Drab one as well. I have one colored Pmag; I think they called it Foliage Green. think all you can get now is black and desert flat dark earth.

Magpul could make the things in any color: Orange, Purple, you name it.

In addition to being "cool," it would serve a purpose. You could load different loads into different colors.

Why not? Anybody know?
    There is something known as "spray paint".

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    There is something known as "spray paint".
    But that hurts resale when you:

(1) can't make rent
    (2) can't pay for car repairs
    (3) the wife / GF makes you sell $hit because you suck at budgeting
    (4) change your AR stuff flavor of the month style to keep up with the cool kids.

People who shoot don't care.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Don't remember where I heard it first, but I was told about the different colors affecting strength more than a few times. What I have certainly noticed is that all of the catastrophic PMAG failures I have seen were with colored ones, usually the original tan color.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Seems like they used to make more colors. There was an orange one, and I think there was an Olive Drab one as well. I have one colored Pmag; I think they called it Foliage Green. think all you can get now is black and desert flat dark earth.

Magpul could make the things in any color: Orange, Purple, you name it.

In addition to being "cool," it would serve a purpose. You could load different loads into different colors.

Why not? Anybody know?
    3ACR Scout's post is chocked full of knowledge bombs.

But I ponder as to how much sales figures factor into keeping a particular color running or not. From a cost effective viewpoint standardization makes since and once the Gen M3 MCT mags were adopted by US MIL it's kind of a no-brainer. I assume the vast majority of LE customers opt for black. Several years ago the writing was on the wall for colors like FG, especially once the Army ditched ACU. Several online vendors dumped FG products to include PMAGs at ridiculously low prices. I always pick up mags when I find them $10 or under, I've never purchased mags to color coordinate with a firearm (kind of gay if you ask me).

I have OEM PMAGs in Orange (both windowed and non) Blue, OD, FG, FDE, Sand, Black, and now MCT.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 02-19-19 at 01:33.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So WWII olive drab is going out of fashion now?! Say it ain’t so.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast