Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why won't Magpul make different colored Pmags?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have seen tons of different Magpul colors over the years, but I think at this point they stopped making everything except black and FDE. I know for a fact they discontinued Olive Drab and I'm pretty sure foliage is gone too. They had the "sand" color for a bit in the Gen 3's, and since it was almost white, a lot of people used RIT dye to get them whatever color they want.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwd1985 View Post
    I have seen tons of different Magpul colors over the years, but I think at this point they stopped making everything except black and FDE. I know for a fact they discontinued Olive Drab and I'm pretty sure foliage is gone too. They had the "sand" color for a bit in the Gen 3's, and since it was almost white, a lot of people used RIT dye to get them whatever color they want.
    The "Sand" color was just Magpul polymer without any colorant, which is in theory its strongest state. That said, I am 110% confident that the MCT has passed every strength test with flying colors and is good to go.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I seem to recall the MCT is stronger than black, I miss foliage and feel that it is a better shade of green than OD which is almost black. But I like MCT and am waiting on some other sizes in this color, whats up Magpul can we expect to see any 20's, 40's and 60's anytime soon?
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    because it is kinda lame

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I seem to recall the MCT is stronger than black, I miss foliage and feel that it is a better shade of green than OD which is almost black. But I like MCT and am waiting on some other sizes in this color, whats up Magpul can we expect to see any 20's, 40's and 60's anytime soon?
    I would love if the 60's would come out in some new colors. I have two and they're great. Overly expensive, but still excellent.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They have no reason to offer wierd colors, their mags sell fine as is.

As others have said, krylon is your friend.

Different color stips of tape around the bases is how I identify different loads.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Hello krylon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Different color stips of tape around the bases is how I identify different loads.
    This works. I simply use different magazines for 300BLK (Lancers) than 556 (PMAGS). I have has zero issues with this plan. Only mags I keep loaded at all times can be swapped if needed (M193/M855) without too much issue on the range. That and the fact that the M855 stands out well with those green tips. Stuff like the Mk262 clones only gets loaded day of (or night before) I am heading to the range, and generally I am bringing a different rifle to shoot those anyway, usually with 20 round magazines.

The sand mags were great for coloring with Rit. Heck, the Foliage Green wasn't half bad at making browns and greys with the right dye combinations but I haven't dyed a magazine in at lest five years. MCT now will get the job done and Aervoe can make the black magazines look like anything. I have some sprayed magazines now easily coming up on a decade old that are holding the paint just fine, and there's always more for touch-ups if needed.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    They have no reason to offer wierd colors, their mags sell fine as is.
    Well, they did make pink, FDE, foliage, OD Green, sand, coyote, various kryptek patterns, etc. Its more likely that they simply realized that they could get away with offering one or two colors, and discontinued the rest.
    Last edited by dwd1985; 02-11-19 at 14:56.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Exactly.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast