Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why won't Magpul make different colored Pmags?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some of you probably missed one of the previous discussions about PMAG colors, but Duane from Magpul has shared quite a bit of info over the years about their polymer formula and colors. One of the recent discussions was associated with the announcement about their Medium Coyote Tan M3s. In short, the colors mags were more prone to breaking than black (not that they were weak, but just not as strong as black), so they stopped producing them. Then they introduced Sand, the natural color of the plastic, as someone already mentioned. Eventually, as Duane described in the post I linked above, they were able to create the Medium Coyote Tan color without affecting the strength of the plastic. I think they are still working on other colors but will only release them if they can confirm through testing that they are as strong as black or MCT.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm always intrigued by concern that people express for the cosmetics/colors of hammers, power tools, and firearms.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I seem to recall the MCT is stronger than black, I miss foliage and feel that it is a better shade of green than OD which is almost black. But I like MCT and am waiting on some other sizes in this color, whats up Magpul can we expect to see any 20's, 40's and 60's anytime soon?
    Yeah, I have a half dozen Foliage PMags that match the foliage CTR, MOE+ grip and MOE handguard on my patrol rifle. We all know color matching the mags is completely unnecessary, but telling that to my mild case of OCD does little good.

Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    This works. I simply use different magazines for 300BLK (Lancers) than 556 (PMAGS). I have has zero issues with this plan. Only mags I keep loaded at all times can be swapped if needed (M193/M855) without too much issue on the range. That and the fact that the M855 stands out well with those green tips. Stuff like the Mk262 clones only gets loaded day of (or night before) I am heading to the range, and generally I am bringing a different rifle to shoot those anyway, usually with 20 round magazines.
    That's exactly what I do. My 5.56 mags are all PMags, my 6.8 are PRI steel and .300BLK are Lancer mags Krylon'd to a very close match with Magpul Stealth Gray (Anvil is the Krylon color IIRC?)

That way I can tell caliber by look and feel which is which.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I'm always intrigued by concern that people express for the cosmetics/colors of hammers, power tools, and firearms.
    Just be thankful that you're intrigued rather than afflicted! If I had a nickel for every time I've told myself "it doesn't really matter", I'd have a LOT of nickels. I can live with discord but peaceful, color matched harmony is just easier on the OCD afflicted psyche!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    That's exactly what I do. My 5.56 mags are all PMags, my 6.8 are PRI steel and .300BLK are Lancer mags Krylon'd to a very close match with Magpul Stealth Gray (Anvil is the Krylon color IIRC?)
    That way I can tell caliber by look and feel which is which.
    I did something similar, in that any mag can be a 5.56 mag (steel, aluminum, PMAG, Lancer translucent smoke, etc), but the only mags for my .300 Blackout are Lancer coyote brown mags, which match the furniture on the .300 black rifle.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    .... I can live with discord but peaceful, color matched harmony is just easier on the OCD afflicted psyche!
    It's not OCD. It's really CDO - in its proper alphabetical order.

Feedback Score
    How about some bright yellow "banana clips" muahaha

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tarrantula View Post
    How about some bright yellow "banana clips" muahaha
    I have a 40rd sand colored PMAG that was dyed yellow w/ Chiquita sticker, for shits and giggles.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Seems like they used to make more colors. There was an orange one, and I think there was an Olive Drab one as well. I have one colored Pmag; I think they called it Foliage Green. think all you can get now is black and desert flat dark earth.

Magpul could make the things in any color: Orange, Purple, you name it.

In addition to being "cool," it would serve a purpose. You could load different loads into different colors.

Why not? Anybody know?
    I got a few white ones 👍

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Glad I bought a dozen or so OD Green ones and ranger plates when I did.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast