Thread: KAC sandcutter vs LMT enhanced BCG?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

KAC sandcutter vs LMT enhanced BCG?

Does anyone know the real differences between the KAC sandcutter carrier (around $200-$220 without a bolt) and the LMT enhanced BCG (around $270 with the LMT enhanced bolt)? The sandcutter is chrome, but aside from that I'm not sure if there is really any big difference that justifies the price other than the KAC name attached to it. Would love some additional info if anyone has experience with both.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    The LMT carrier has some enhanced features for improving cycling. These include a changed cam pin track pattern, additional gas vent holes and a change in the gas key to carrier vent hole relationship. This was done to improve the cycling of a 14.5" carbine barrel. E-carrier provides some additional benefit in SBR's when running suppressed. See the "Best Suppressed SBR ever" thread on this forum. Not sure the KAC carrier has these features. Both carriers have reduced "sliding surfaces" to aid in cycling when the receiver gets really fouled.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    The LMT carrier has some enhanced features for improving cycling. These include a changed cam pin track pattern, additional gas vent holes and a change in the gas key to carrier vent hole relationship. This was done to improve the cycling of a 14.5" carbine barrel. E-carrier provides some additional benefit in SBR's when running suppressed. See the "Best Suppressed SBR ever" thread on this forum. Not sure the KAC carrier has these features. Both carriers have reduced "sliding surfaces" to aid in cycling when the receiver gets really fouled.
    That's a good thread, thanks for the recommendation. Doubt I will read through every page, but definitely a wealth of knowledge in there. I have an LMT enhanced BCG on the way (should be waiting for me when I get home), it would be amazing if LMT made them in Chrome like the sandcutter. Maybe a sandcutter carrier with the LMT enhanced bolt is the ultimate BCG combo...even though it doesn't have the altered cam pin path.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The E carrier from LMT is technically superior as noted above. It provides real world, felt benefits especially on certain setups. The KAC sandcutter looks cool, and in theory should improve the standard carrier slightly.