Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geissele Trigger with....

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

Geissele Trigger with....

Will any standard milspec trigger spring work with a Geissele ssa/g2s/sd-c trigger?

I bought a used G trigger and think I the person swapped the springs out on me. I got hosed
    Last edited by snackgunner; 02-10-19 at 16:05.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I would not. The fire control group springs are specific to G, I believe they are actually stronger than mil-spec. The back up springs I got from G were actually color coded to differentiate use in SSA vs SSA-E triggers, yes they are that specific. So I wouldnt even mix springs from different trigger lines within G so I wouldnt even think about doing it with random USGI springs.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 02-10-19 at 16:11.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    ok let me break this down

if someone sent me a package of a geissele g2s FCG and the trigger springs were milspec springs, and not the springs that geissele provides, and I installed it , would the trigger still work/operate?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    ok let me break this down

if someone sent me a package of a geissele g2s FCG and the trigger springs were milspec springs, and not the springs that geissele provides, and I installed it , would the trigger still work/operate?
    It would, but again G springs are stronger/stiffer than mil-spec. I would not be surpised if you started having light primer strikes with that combo. I would call G customer service right away and get the right springs.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    You can order the correct spring/hardware kits directly from Geissele's website.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I bought a G trigger from the E&E once that looked very strange spring wise. But it tested out perfectly and measured identical to the SSA-E I already had.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    G will hook you up with new springs. Just call them up, and tell them the story.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    A new spring kit for the G2S costs a whole $12.
    https://geissele.com/geissele-2-stag...parts-kit.html

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    Will any standard milspec trigger spring work with a Geissele ssa/g2s/sd-c trigger?

I bought a used G trigger and think I the person swapped the springs out on me. I got hosed
    The G2S springs are black and there is that weird hammer pin retaining spring/clip. https://geissele.com/geissele-2-stage-trigger.html Scroll down and hit the instructions link. Good pic of what they look like.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    G will hook you up with new springs. Just call them up, and tell them the story.
    Agreed. I'd reach out to them. Best case, they send them to you for free. Worst case, they give you the link to buy the kit yourself.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast