Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for a DMR/SPR 5.56 rifle

Feedback Score
    Larue Tactical makes complete uppers. Their predat barrels have a great showing on the ARFCOM "MOA all day" thread.

You can also take a look at some Noveske barrels / uppers.

Otherwise, i'd stick with Centurion/Criterion etc. Rainier Arms offers complete uppers and rifles with barrels from various manufacturers.

Feedback Score
    Lots of good recommendations. Like said some more info on how using works be helpful.

Do you want a clone correct rifle? If so the Centurion Arms is a great option for the mk12 spr. High power sales and Precision Reflex both make excellent mk 12 clones as well

If you don't care about the clone thing I would recommend

Larue ultimate upper- Really good value under 1k for everything but stripped lower. you can pick barrel length and the kit comes with everything (including lower parts) you need except lower. You can order a Larue lower after you order or purchase your choice. The Aero M4E1 are nice IMO

White Oak SPR upper- this had their very accurate spr barrel with a quality ALG rail. They have other options with 20 barrels and sure they would build to your spec well. Would have to buy it build complete lower

Compass lake engineering- they sale complete upper with Douglas barrels and also have bartlien and Krieger barrels they can build uppers on. Would have to supply lower
    Last edited by everready73; 02-12-19 at 18:50.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wow, the responses to my post have been many, quick and informative. As some of you suggested, more info as to what I want to accomplish/how I would use a dmr/spr rifle: It would be used almost entirely as a range gun or occasional distance shooting at a friend's farm. No competition rifle shooting for me--afraid I'm getting too old and eyes not good enough anymore. I would hate to spend over $2500 for the rifle but at same time want a quality weapon. Otherwise, I'd just go buy a Ruger MPR for $599. Really, just want a nice rifle to compliment my Sigs. I am a Geissele fan (have their triggers in my 516's as well as their mount for my Trijicon1X8 Accupower) and may wait to price out an 18" barrel model on their website once it is up and running. What would you guys think of an entirely G rifle? Anyway, thanks so much for the advice and discussion. I'll return with photos once I decide what to do and make a purchase.
    Last edited by kyjd75; 02-13-19 at 04:52.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The Geissele probably will be a suitable firearm.

You could get a Centurion upper built on an 18" Douglas SS 1 in 7" twist barrel using the 13"/15" CMR rail and pair it with a Centurion lower built out with a Geissele SSA-E trigger for roundabouts 1800.00. Mount your 1×8 in its G mount and you would have a great rifle.

The Knights 18" would be a pinnacle of complete rifles and you can be assured it will be joy to shoot.

Stick with any of the recommendations made by any of the members in this thread and you won't go wrong.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'd buy one of those Geissele rifles in a heartbeat. Especially the OD green models.

I built a Geissele SPR upper using a Geissele in house 18" SPR barrel, a Geissele Mk1 15" rail, and Geissele SGB some years ago. While I built it myself, the main components like trigger, rail, and barrel were Geissele.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4t5acp@gmail.com View Post
    KAC makes a nice 18" DMR'ish SR15. Full disclosure - I'm double-fisting the KAC cool-aid, so take that for what it's worth...

https://www.knightarmco.com/4696/sho...r-15-lpr-mod-2

https://www.knightarmco.com/12013/sh...pr-mod-2-m-lok
    +1 for the LPR
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Also take a look at the Kyle Defoor uppers from BCM. Pair it with a lower and optic of your choice and you would have an outstanding rifle capable of great accuracy with good ammunition.

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...oups-s/229.htm
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I miss the Kyle Defoor forum. His SPR thread was epic

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I wonder if there's a way those older SME threads could be archived and still be accessible? There was a wealth of knowledge from all of them.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Yeah it was a great thread. Wasn't his conclusion that the Recce was better than the SPR?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast