Thread: Taking the next step past 308- first 6.5 creedmore semi auto

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Taking the next step past 308- first 6.5 creedmore semi auto

Good evening folks,

I would like to start here and ask for some baseline foundational information on semi auto 6.5 creedmore rifles. I currently own 2 very reliable 308 gas guns and regularly take them to 800 and occasionally to 1000, but I'm now looking to expand past 308 and into 6.5 creedmore. I'm hoping to start pushing past 1000 yds and finding where the wall is for 6.5.

My understanding is that 6.5 creedmore and 260 remington eat up barrels very quickly, so one of my priorities other than reliability would be barrel life and followed up with accuracy. I am not a reloader so this would be factory ammo shot through this gun.

My initial inclinations are to lean towards knights and solgw as those are the 2 gas guns I own and have several thousand rounds through currently. They both perform admirably. I'm not looking for a tank of a gun like a mws, more of an ACC type of 6.5 gas gun if that exists. Should I or do I need to consider any other manufacturers like modern outfitters and their proof barrel builds or a JP rifle ect...?

So to sum it up I'm looking for the following criteria:
    1. Reliability
    2. Barrel life
    3. Accuracy
    4. On the lighter side
    5. Supresses well (love shooting suppressed)

And looking to accomplish these goals:
    1. Compete in my first prs match
    2. Stretch past 1200 yds (longest shot to date)
    3. Use it for several long range classes

Thanks, looking forward to getting data points to help make this decision haha.

Dan
    Last edited by Furbyballer; 02-11-19 at 20:13.