Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Taking the next step past 308- first 6.5 creedmore semi auto

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    No disrespect here. Just wondering if the Wilson’s die 1/2 MOA or 3/4 MOA.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Chief, I'm sorry I simply don't comprehend your language. In fact I called another old members here aSME, asked him to read and decipher the question. His response was " **** if I know"

We think we've narrowed the question down to this. What your calling "DIE", we know as a Reamer. For manufacturing.

Sir, I'm a shooter, not a manufacture, no clue what die/ reamer Wilson runs. I just load the weapon measure, do the trig, dial and Press the trigger.

I would share that the 6.5 was also shot by my old agency partners, who are also Thunder Ranch instructors, over in Lakeview Oregon. When the boys returned the rifle, they also reported 1/2 MOA, groups on the 100y range.

Don't know about you, but that 100y distance has always been our standard for determining rifle capabilities. Their may be others, I'm unaware of them, I go, to what I know.

If your asking for pic's, nada, my shoot crew isn't into taking pics of our guns, or groups. We're all ex mil and police. We report what we see. By the way that 1/2 group stuff, isn't measured with tools, it's eyeball math.

Frankly if the rifle is shooting 1moa, or 2moa, that's what I'd report, but then that rifle would be headed back to the factory for eval, repair, or replacement. These Wilson's have Seekins rings, or catalievers on em. The 308, is sitting 1/2 higher then I like, so I'm reordering a shorter set of Seekins rings. I like my scopes literally down on top of the action, with minimal objective bell to barrel clearance.

Hope this is covering what your asking.

Have a good one.

DW

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    My rifle is right at about 3/4 moa on average with hornady factory ammo. I'm sure I am the limiting factor but I don't want to spend time hand loading. Its almost right at moa with the new practice ammo that magtech just started putting out. At 55c/round its awesome and I use mostly that to practice with currently.

As to Dirk's question on the wilsons, I never found wilson combat to be reliable enough for me based on hard use and round count. I shoot a lot, more than 40-50k rounds a year between carbine, pistol, and bolt gun. So when I chose the solgw, it was because they would rebarrel it for free when I start seeing the groups open up. I would have bought a knights 14.5 but im still not sure they are available yet. The 18" solgw was the shortest factory 6.5cm I could find that met my reliability and accuracy needs based on my experience that was available.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, I'm up to 670 rounds thru the 6.5 c, and 600 rounds, there the .308. Not a hiccup, not an issue. I'm shooting factory 140 g ELD's thru the 6.5 and my loads the the 308. MOA, all day long. Actually sub, which isn't an issue for me. Moa is all I require.

Have to say I'm very impressed with this Wilson AR-10 ar-10 platform, shots, follow up shots are extremely easy. Running SB PMII with the H59 reticle, wicked fast. Many years ago I swore I'd never shoot a gas gun in this distance stuff, " that was after my SR-25days". This Wilson's really impressed me.

I've ordered a second .308 from Wilson, AR-10 SS, which I'm told by Wilson's, is six months out. I'll be ordering one in .243/260 after that arrives.

I realize round counts not huge, I'm in no hurry to post numbers, just in joy the trig, the process of making it all come together, way way out their.

Dirk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345