Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Early production LMT MRP differences

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks ALCOAR, I figured best practice was dedicated bolt but was wondering what actual field practice was like. I have a new 20" L7SD1S, two chassis and two 16" CL. I really prefer the 16" configs, and have no time behind the 20" yet to see what it can do.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Spikes made .22lr and 9mm conversions for the MRP a long time ago.
    I have one of the spike's .22lr MRP barrels. Note that it's not compatible with CMMG-type .22lr bolts; the collars are different. POI of the .22lr MRP barrel was quite a bit different than the 5.56 MRP barrel, which required an optics swap when changing barrels.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Thanks ALCOAR, I figured best practice was dedicated bolt but was wondering what actual field practice was like. I have a new 20" L7SD1S, two chassis and two 16" CL. I really prefer the 16" configs, and have no time behind the 20" yet to see what it can do.
    If you really want a great round for every MRP barrel I've ever shot it out of, then get some Hornady 55gr. VMAX. I've used it as my "control" for years when evaluating accuracy/precision out of MRPs.

If you decide to run dedicated bolt/barrel setups, make some of these widgets to keep the bolts stored together with the barrels. I can't take credit for the design, I just bought it.

Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-14-19 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I have one of the spike's .22lr MRP barrels. Note that it's not compatible with CMMG-type .22lr bolts; the collars are different. POI of the .22lr MRP barrel was quite a bit different than the 5.56 MRP barrel, which required an optics swap when changing barrels.

Lucky dog you! I'd love to have one now that I have spare chassis, as I would run a dedicated .22lr setup so the optic/shift wouldn't bother me.

Great pics, and info as always.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Lucky dog you! I'd love to have one now that I have spare chassis, as I would run a dedicated .22lr setup so the optic/shift wouldn't bother me.

Great pics, and info as always.
    ALCOAR, were you formerly screen named Trident82? I’ve loved your MRP posts over the years, and they contributed to me finally picking up one of the CQB uppers when Brownells has them on sale. I’m hooked.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshjath View Post
    ALCOAR, were you formerly screen named Trident82? I’ve loved your MRP posts over the years, and they contributed to me finally picking up one of the CQB uppers when Brownells has them on sale. I’m hooked.
    Thank you for the kind words. Yeah my former screenname was Trident82, but after years I realized it was likely signaling to some I had a "Trident" as in the Navy Seal kind especially on a gun board, even though that was never my intent when choosing it back in the day.

It's great to hear you got the Brownells MRP deal. That was such a fantastic opportunity to bring those into the MRP fray that had always been curious, but stayed away from the cost. Welcome to the MRP family!

LMT has made significant changes towards the civilian market over the last year or two, and their products are reflecting that. Moreover they actual have a social media presence, and are much more approachable as a civilian. You can use the code IG15 if you buy anything from their website if you need proof of this
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-15-19 at 18:03.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234